The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swirly

What a player Diaby was.

Has to be one of the biggest cases of unfulfilled potential in sports history.

A fit Diaby would easily go for £50m+

I'll just leave this here

(edited 7 years ago)
Welcome to the best thread ayaz
@Ayaz789
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Welcome to the best thread ayaz
@Ayaz789

Its an awful thread:L im getting out of it lol
Original post by Ayaz789
Its an awful thread:L im getting out of it lol

:slap:
Original post by PrincessBO$$
:slap:

Lol come on the other thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Welcome to Lucas Perez and Mustafi.

Time to get behind the team.
Original post by James.Carnell
Welcome to Lucas Perez and Mustafi.

Time to get behind the team.

LOL, Just wait till March and watch everything happen again.
Original post by Vividly clear
LOL, Just wait till March and watch everything happen again.

Earlier.

However, we have a better chance than previous years since we last won a title since the team actually has a credible spine now.

I would be happy with getting further in the CL. We won't beat United and City though lol. But, anyone but Mourinho and United fans for the title, ****ing cancerous.
cant see us spending on deadline day.. makes a change to just chill out, after a couple of recent seasons.

net spend of 80m - is that our highest ever for a window?

Really have not sold any players for a decent price, and instead just released older players..

Dont think any arsenal fan can really complain, new striker, new CM, new CB, a young defender, and a lost japanese player..
Original post by fallen_acorns
cant see us spending on deadline day.. makes a change to just chill out, after a couple of recent seasons.

Really have not sold any players for a decent price, and instead just released older players..

Dont think any arsenal fan can really complain, new striker, new CM, new CB, a young defender, and a lost japanese player..

Actually really impressed by Holding, £2m, crazily good business. I hope he gets games.
Actually really impressed by Holding, £2m, crazily good business. I hope he gets games.

same, shown more then chambers has shown in 2 years.

Whats your view on Gabriel? I reckon he could be very good and that his (lack of) understanding English is holding him back. Don't think we should give up on him.
Whats your view on Gabriel? I reckon he could be very good and that his (lack of) understanding English is holding him back. Don't think we should give up on him.

Not sure really, I have never really seen him perform to a decent level, but then as you say there are language problems, and also CBs performance can depend heavily on their partner, so it may just be that him/kos/mert are not a good fit.. who knows maybe he will improve his english, and fit well with mustafi..

happy with keeping him as a squad player and just waiting and seeing if he comes good.

Our depth at CB is now insane considering how lacking its been in recent years:

Kos
Mustafi
Mert
Gabriel
Holding
Chambers
(Monreal)

How can you even say this?

Weren't Arsenal fans calling for holding's head after the Liverpool game?

I don't even like Chambers but to claim Holding has shown more in 2 games than Calum has in 2 years is deluded
Original post by Vividly clear
How can you even say this?

Weren't Arsenal fans calling for holding's head after the Liverpool game?

I don't even like Chambers but to claim Holding has shown more in 2 games than Calum has in 2 years is deluded

You mean the same Chambers who dispite being here for 2 years has already fallen bellow holding in the pecking order?

The chambers who has been loaned out to a bottom half sign because he has failed to establish himself a place in the team?

--

I like chambers, and I was really excited when he signed, but these days I cant see a future for him at arsenal. I honestly cant remember a game where he played to a level that impressed..

People were calling for wengers head after the liverpool game.. We were angry at the in-experianced CB partnership, but the anger was not at them, but at the fact that we were in a position where they were our only choice..

Since then holding has played two games with a decent partner, and looked pretty good in both. (two games which you would have expected chambers to start during the summer)

Maybe you have seen something I have not? If so, feel free to point out games where chambers has shown his quality (since joining), and prove me wrong.. but personally I think he will hang around for a bit before being shipped off to a lower table side more fitting with his level.

When Chambers first started he had so much potential, but them he fell under the curse of Wenger. Wenger couldn't decide if he wanted to be a CB a RB or a CDM and Chambers suffered for it.

I think this loan spell is going to do wonders for Chambers and I think Chambers could become a top talent for England. Look at a player like Tony Adams, made SOOO many mistakes as a young player but grew with experience and time on the ball

Maybe can't complain but are you happy with the business? Seems like Wenger has gone and bought for positions that everyone was crying out for.
Original post by Freddyt58
When Chambers first started he had so much potential, but them he fell under the curse of Wenger. Wenger couldn't decide if he wanted to be a CB a RB or a CDM and Chambers suffered for it.

I think this loan spell is going to do wonders for Chambers and I think Chambers could become a top talent for England. Look at a player like Tony Adams, made SOOO many mistakes as a young player but grew with experience and time on the ball

I hope your second part is right - because when he signed, your right he had so much potential, and looked like a huge talent at southampton.

Loans seem to make/break players, so lets see over this year
Original post by Zerforax
Maybe can't complain but are you happy with the business? Seems like Wenger has gone and bought for positions that everyone was crying out for.

as an arsenal fan - yeah, pretty happy.

I mean, we are the club who were ok with being the only side in english football not to buy an outfield player last summer. Fans have been used to years and years of the club not spending, so its hard not to be happy at an 85mil spend this summer, investing in all the areas that we wanted to spend.

Reckon any fan would have bit your hand off for a decent CB and CM alone this summer, let alone the rest.

9/10 summer for me as it stands (ofcourse who knows how the players will perform) - only thing that stops it being a 10, is that the striker is not (yet) really top class, so we have to wait and see how he will turn out.

Latest