The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS3/BUSS4 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fox Corner
Hi everyone

Happy results day! How did Business go for you?

I got a C / 62 UMS in unit 3 (lmao yikes) but I got an A / 96 UMS in unit 4 so I got an A overall! Super happy with that :biggrin:
Got a B in Unit 3 with 70 UMS and an A in unit 4 with 86 UMS. A B for the full A level.
Original post by 28/01/2016
Omg that's so good..... Lol I got a D in buss4 & B in buss3 - overall a B.... It's better than expected!!!!

Original post by wickedisgood
I got a C / 62 UMS in unit 3 (lmao yikes) but I got an A / 96 UMS in unit 4 so I got an A overall! Super happy with that :biggrin:

Congrats to both of you!! Well done for getting through your exams and for your great grades :yay:
Original post by Fox Corner
Congrats to both of you!! Well done for getting through your exams and for your great grades :yay:

Ahaha... Thanksssss
I got an A (80ums) in Unit 3 but got a U (29ums) in Unit 4. I am so confused, I literally left unit 4 feeling like it was the best of all my exams. I have no idea what went wrong. Nearly cost me my uni place giving me an overall C (due to an A in unit 1 and B in unit 2) but Leeds were nice enough to still let me in!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 885
88 A in BUSS3
29 U in BUSS4

Im so confused
Reply 886
A in Buss 3 (84 UMS)
A in Buss 4 (90 UMS)
Overall A, very pleased/happy, i hope everyone got what they wanted/needed.
Original post by imran_
88 A in BUSS3
29 U in BUSS4

Im so confused

Omg same with the U in Buss 4....like I don't understand what went so terribly wrong haha
A*
Buss 3= 88 ums
Buss 4= 94 ums
Soooo happy with this I really thought I had screwed up buss 3 but all is good😀 Congrats to everyone!!!
Reply 889
Original post by dougiepurple
I got an A (80ums) in Unit 3 but got a U (29ums) in Unit 4. I am so confused, I literally left unit 4 feeling like it was the best of all my exams. I have no idea what went wrong. Nearly cost me my uni place giving me an overall C (due to an A in unit 1 and B in unit 2) but Leeds were nice enough to still let me in!

So similar to me. I was predicted an A* in BUSS4 all my model answers before the exam were A* my teacher is an examiner she said I was guaranteed it but I got a B grade. I left the exam feeling super confident, thought I had written an answer worth full marks, my teacher is so confused herself. I don't understand the marking this year!! Makes no sense
Reply 890
Failed BUSS4 which carried my grade down. Will I still be able to retake it next year even though the syllabus has changed and AQA no longer follow the old spec?
Reply 891
Hey guys, I was 2 UMS from getting an A in business this year with BUSS4 letting me down ever so slightly. I think I didn't answer question 2 properly and can see why an examiner would argue that I didn't fully explore the question (I picked the leadership one and focused a little too much on retrenchment), I got my uni place and am considering getting a re mark. Is this worthwhile and is there a possibility I'll drop down to a C grade if I get a remark (if I do that I'll actually miss my uni offer.) thoughts?
80 UMS in BUSS3 and 94 UMS in BUSS4, B overall due to getting a low C at AS but still met my offer.
I got my BUSS3 remark back today and it jumped from 72 to 100 UMS. Whilst happy at the outcome, I think my anger overshadows. I have several friends who missed their uni offers as a result of poor marks in business - all of which stem from AQA's ability, or shall I say inability, to train their examiners sufficiently.

I'd urge anyone who feels they should have been awarded higher - whether you're close to the boundary or not - to get a remark.
Reply 894
Original post by ryanroks1
I got my BUSS3 remark back today and it jumped from 72 to 100 UMS. Whilst happy at the outcome, I think my anger overshadows. I have several friends who missed their uni offers as a result of poor marks in business - all of which stem from AQA's ability, or shall I say inability, to train their examiners sufficiently.

I'd urge anyone who feels they should have been awarded higher - whether you're close to the boundary or not - to get a remark.

yeah I had 103 UMS for buss3 but a U for buss4? I wrote 10 pages for it and im pretty sure i got at least 30 marks at worse lmao. I only needed 4 extra marks for a B overall for the entire A level.
I done buss4 last year and got an A, I would strongly suggest that ecommerce will not appear this year as it was our section A last year.
Original post by gkgs
My class has just started and I think Ecommerce is a pretty easy one because we have grown up in its peak and know/use many businesses that are in it.
Original post by Minniepop
I done buss4 last year and got an A, I would strongly suggest that ecommerce will not appear this year as it was our section A last year.

Needed AAB for my uni . Achieved ABB and was one mark off an A in business overall.

BUSS3 : 80 UMS
BUSS4: 70 UMS

Taking a gap year and will be resitting both . People who got A grades in BUSS4, could you please give me any tips as it is e commerce this year aswell ( same pre exam material ).

Thanks
Reply 897
Original post by discuss
Needed AAB for my uni . Achieved ABB and was one mark off an A in business overall.

BUSS3 : 80 UMS
BUSS4: 70 UMS

Taking a gap year and will be resitting both . People who got A grades in BUSS4, could you please give me any tips as it is e commerce this year aswell ( same pre exam material ).

Thanks

I'm retaking both too! I have no one to study with or even talk to business about! PM me and we maybe can discuss?! Haha creepy I know but could really use help too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending