The Student Room Group

Radiohead fans: Rank Your Favourite Songs

OK, so if you're a Radiohead fan you're probably better at life than most non-Radiohead fans. That seems quite obvious.

What isn't so obvious is how to rank Radiohead's greatest songs - they just have so many! But don't let that stop you trying:tongue:

here's my top 15 in order (I'm sure you'll all agree with it entirely):

1) Everything in its Right Place
2) There There
3) All I Need
4) Pyramid Song
5) Karma Police
6) Idioteque
7) High and Dry
8) The National Anthem
9) Fake Plastic Trees
10) True Love Waits (2001 version)
11) Airbag
12) Motion Picture Soundtrack
13) House of Cards
14) Decks Dark
15) Optimistic

Sorry guys, Paranoid Android and Creep don't get anywhere near this list:biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Creep
Hello fellow Radiohead fan!!!! We have truly great taste in music.
The other night I had the most awesome dream I met Thom Yorke and the one and only guitar legend Jon Jon :smile:

I would say my favourite is everything in its right place followed by paranoid android. I also love the music vid for paranoid android!
Then believe it or not... A TKOL track... which is called Little by Little

Then it has to be Go to sleep. I just love all the alien computerised sounds in that one!

Then optimistic

Then I might be wrong... That's a truly great one!!!

Then 2+2=5. I love the completely chaotic sounds at the end! A true masterpiece!

Then anyone can play guitar... Going back to the Pablo Honey days...
Have you seen their MTV pool side video for that? It's hilarious!!! Yorke absolutely screams into the mic then jumps in the pool.

Then I would say idioteque

Then identikit. I love their new album but this song is the real stand out on the album I think.

There we go. Sorry that was a long reply haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh and how could I forget 'meeting in the aisle'?!
That's their best instrumental.
It puts me in a trance every time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SunnysideSea
OK, so if you're a Radiohead fan you're probably better at life than most non-Radiohead fans. That seems quite obvious.

What isn't so obvious is how to rank Radiohead's greatest songs - they just have so many! But don't let that stop you trying:tongue:

here's my top 15 in order (I'm sure you'll all agree with it entirely):

1) Everything in its Right Place
2) There There
3) All I Need
4) Pyramid Song
5) Karma Police
6) Idioteque
7) High and Dry
8) The National Anthem
9) Fake Plastic Trees
10) True Love Waits (2001 version)
11) Airbag
12) Motion Picture Soundtrack
13) House of Cards
14) Decks Dark
15) Optimistic

Sorry guys, Paranoid Android and Creep don't get anywhere near this list:biggrin:

https://youtu.be/0si0fB0lnow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cookie123456789
Hello fellow Radiohead fan!!!! We have truly great taste in music.
The other night I had the most awesome dream I met Thom Yorke and the one and only guitar legend Jon Jon :smile:

I would say my favourite is everything in its right place followed by paranoid android. I also love the music vid for paranoid android!
Then believe it or not... A TKOL track... which is called Little by Little

Then it has to be Go to sleep. I just love all the alien computerised sounds in that one!

Then optimistic

Then I might be wrong... That's a truly great one!!!

Then 2+2=5. I love the completely chaotic sounds at the end! A true masterpiece!

Then anyone can play guitar... Going back to the Pablo Honey days...
Have you seen their MTV pool side video for that? It's hilarious!!! Yorke absolutely screams into the mic then jumps in the pool.

Then I would say idioteque

Then identikit. I love their new album but this song is the real stand out on the album I think.

There we go. Sorry that was a long reply haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha that's awesome. I wasn't sure about the new album for a bit, but when you get into it it's just so beautiful with so many cool moments - Decks Dark was my fav tho.

Optimistic is so underrated! "The best you can is good enough" got me through exams lol:biggrin:

I haven't really listened to much Pablo Honey tbh cos everyone's always a bit mean about it, but maybe I should!

So cool we have the same song as our favourite- it's the first ten seconds that always amazes me - I'm like 'wow! just relax and this song's gonna take you somewhere special':tongue:
My fave band. Mine would be:

1) Let down

2) Lucky

3) The bends

4) Talk show host

5) Where I end and you begin

6) Exit music

7) Decks dark

8) 15 step

9) All I need

10) Just

1) Let down

2) Exit music

3) Where I end and you begin

4) All I need

5) 15 steps

6) Talk show host

7) The bends

8) Decks dark
Haha that's awesome. I wasn't sure about the new album for a bit, but when you get into it it's just so beautiful with so many cool moments - Decks Dark was my fav tho.

Optimistic is so underrated! "The best you can is good enough" got me through exams lol:biggrin:

I haven't really listened to much Pablo Honey tbh cos everyone's always a bit mean about it, but maybe I should!

So cool we have the same song as our favourite- it's the first ten seconds that always amazes me - I'm like 'wow! just relax and this song's gonna take you somewhere special':tongue:

Yes exactly!!! When I first heard everything in its right place I was absolutely amazed! Once I was listening to it in the middle of the night and I just started crying because it's such a beautiful, genius song.

Optimistic also got me through exams!!! I used to play Radiohead's optimistic and 2+2=5 when revising or before the exam! (On 2+2=5 Yorke shouts 'pay attention!!' Haha)

I was the same with the new album. On my first listen I was thinking that Radiohead have lost it then I realised after a few more listens that every sound on the album was to be appreciated. It has a great strange atmospheric feel to it.

I think it's great that I've met another Radiohead fan as none of my friends are into them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9

1) Let down

2) Exit music

4) All I need

5) 15 steps

6) Talk show host

7) The bends

8) Decks dark
1) the bends - the black star, sulk, bones
2) pablo honey - pretty much every song
3) okay computer - paranoid android, no surprises, subterranean homesick alien, karma police
4) in rainbows - all I need, bangers and mash, down is the new up (I'm not a big fan of this and the other albums - including kid A - kid A isn't bad, it's just very overrated in my honest opinion)
Original post by cookie123456789
Yes exactly!!! When I first heard everything in its right place I was absolutely amazed! Once I was listening to it in the middle of the night and I just started crying because it's such a beautiful, genius song.

Optimistic also got me through exams!!! I used to play Radiohead's optimistic and 2+2=5 when revising or before the exam! (On 2+2=5 Yorke shouts 'pay attention!!' Haha)

I was the same with the new album. On my first listen I was thinking that Radiohead have lost it then I realised after a few more listens that every sound on the album was to be appreciated. It has a great strange atmospheric feel to it.

I think it's great that I've met another Radiohead fan as none of my friends are into them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awwww that's so cute:tongue: I know the feeling

Yh not that many of my friends listen to them either - it's kinda niche for some reason. I have no idea why!! It should be the law for everyone to listen to a radiohead song a day:biggrin:

What's your fav album? Also, any songs I should listen to first from Pablo Honey?
Awwww that's so cute:tongue: I know the feeling

Yh not that many of my friends listen to them either - it's kinda niche for some reason. I have no idea why!! It should be the law for everyone to listen to a radiohead song a day:biggrin:

What's your fav album? Also, any songs I should listen to first from Pablo Honey?

Yeah, I don't really understand why it's so niche.
I've heard a few people call Radiohead fans pretentious, stuck up snobs before but I think we are just people with good taste in music :wink:

My favorite album is either OK Computer or Hail to the Thief... or Amnesiac...
Ah! They are all so marvelous I just can't decide on one!
What is your favourite album?

With Pablo honey I think you should listen to Ripcord first then Any one can play guitar.
Original post by RAJK1

1) Let down

2) Exit music

4) All I need

5) 15 steps

6) Talk show host

7) The bends

8) Decks dark

Yh I love how Exit Music goes awesome with about a minute and a half to go. That always gets me. All I Need is bloody beautful as well.

Also, any songs I should listen to first from Pablo Honey?

Creep is obviously the famous one, but I also like Anyone can Play Guitar and Ripcord.

The rest are pretty forgettable IMO.
Original post by chazwomaq
Creep is obviously the famous one, but I also like Anyone can Play Guitar and Ripcord.

The rest are pretty forgettable IMO.

Forgettable!!

SATAN! HERETIC!:tongue:
1) Paranoid Android
2) Fake Plastic Trees
3) Exit Music for a Film
4) Street Spirit
5) Creep
6) Bulletproof
7) Planet Telex
8) Lucky
9) High and Dry
10) Banana Co
Sorry about all the spam my from my account-we were having posting issues earlier!
Original post by Professor Oak
Sorry about all the spam my from my account-we were having posting issues earlier!

Haha no problem!:biggrin:
Pyramid Song is an absolute gem. Love that Bluesy feel it has.

Quick Reply

Latest