The Student Room Group

Help me find a rich husband pls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Are you from a well off family? If not then how did you manage to get these rich guys to date you and 'break away from their own kind of class?'

If you mean "rich enough to send their kids to a private school" when you say well off then yes I am from a well off family. We're not that rich though.

Idk perhaps because I could actually hold a conversation with them and I got on well with them? I didn't date them for the money. Rich kids can sense if someone's dating them for the money or not. And honestly, most rich kids at this age LOVE to just sleep around and if they want to date, they prefer sticking to someone as rich as them so then they aren't too different.

I spoke to a rich guy I went out on a date with and he even told me that most rich families prefer other rich kids to be married into the family because they're traditional in that sense.

If you want to find a rich man, then I suggest (like many others have in this thread), that you work your ass off, get a job and work your way up instead of wanting to take the easy route and sponging off someone

If you're going to go for someone rich purely for the money, they'll just use you and ditch you.
What do you actually have to offer this rich guy? Other than your looks, which will fade.
This thread is full of idealists. In the real world there are many troglodyte or socially awkward youngsters from rich backgrounds who just want the companionship of understanding women.

I think people are thinking of UK aristocrats when they think of rich families.
Imagine if it was a guy asking this,the outrage.
I'm from an extremely crappy background and I've come to the realisation that I'll never be rich or live comfortably without marrying someone richer than me (also if you're gonna comment about being a golddigger or how I should feel ashamed of myself then pls spare me the bs cause I'm not interested)
I've been told I'm pretty and my personality is 'outgoing'. So I was wondering apart from oxbridge (I'm not smart enough) which uni has the wealthiest guys arounds (I am not looking for the 'rah' types btw)
Any suggestions on how to bag a rich guy are welcome :smile:

I've checked the sites and I can't see a university that specifically offers this as a bonus. Therefore it will be down mostly to random luck. However, it is well known that the Royal Agricultural College is the main gathering point for rich but stupid males.
Original post by Rhaenys10

And btw, I do think that Kate actually loves William. Like someone already said, she was already rich, and there were a lot of other rich people she could pursue, but I guess only time will tell. Princes are indeed a lot more attractive, even more attractive than money. What girl wouldn't like to be a noblewoman, and if the lad's cool too, that's even better..

Kate's family are well off, but they are hardly rich on the Windsor scale, not even close - I would say she probably was seen as 'middle class' by William's family and friends. Not to be too cynical, but people in the know say that Kate's parents schemed day and night to get her into Andrews once it was known that Wills was going (they had met socially once before then) and that her Mum 'aimed her like a missile' at William. It's all so very Jane Austen. :teehee:
Original post by Fullofsurprises
I've checked the sites and I can't see a university that specifically offers this as a bonus. Therefore it will be down mostly to random luck. However, it is well known that the Royal Agricultural College is the main gathering point for rich but stupid males.

Bristol and Durham are firm favourites.
Kate's family are well off, but they are hardly rich on the Windsor scale, not even close - I would say she probably was seen as 'middle class' by William's family and friends. Not to be too cynical, but people in the know say that Kate's parents schemed day and night to get her into Andrews once it was known that Wills was going (they had met socially once before then) and that her Mum 'aimed her like a missile' at William. It's all so very Jane Austen. :teehee:

Would you classify Kate Middleton as a golddigger?
Kate's family are well off, but they are hardly rich on the Windsor scale

Yes however even the Windsor's aren't that wealthy, £277m for QEII isn't that much considering she's our Queen although whether you can include the Sovereign's Trust is another matter which is worth billions in the artwork alone. I'd be quite interested as to how much Charles is worth, there was a rumour he's worth more than the Queen not long ago (his income has outstripped the Queen's allegedly).
type 'sugardaddy dating sites' into Google
Reply 190
No negativity pls guys. Either help support my ambition or don't comment at all x

You don't want to help yourself so why should anyone help you?
Original post by PandaSal
Yes however even the Windsor's aren't that wealthy, £277m for QEII isn't that much considering she's our Queen although whether you can include the Sovereign's Trust is another matter which is worth billions in the artwork alone. I'd be quite interested as to how much Charles is worth, there was a rumour he's worth more than the Queen not long ago (his income has outstripped the Queen's allegedly).

It's all vague with HM the Q, because so much of the wealth is ambiguously owned - who does it really belong to, the Queen personally? The state? Some sort of autonomous thing called the Monarchy?

I think though that she's seriously richer than the published figures suggest - they deliberately base those on a very narrow definition of her personal wealth and even then, they probably don't tell us the whole truth.
Original post by Wired_1800
Would you classify Kate Middleton as a golddigger?

I would suggest she's an example of forming a clear intent and then driving relentlessly towards one's goal.
Lol you say the Windsors aren't wealthy... How about you factor in they have never done a days work and spend their lives getting things handed to them. All they do is spend and go on holidays to impoverished countries.. only catch is they stay at the 5* resorts in the small part where there is wealth in the country, and they have the whole floor kicked off just so they can sleep better at night
OP asks for no negativity, is she so blind to how ridiculous she is? She is marrying someone for money, and we all know what will happen. Shell get divorced, never having worked a day in her life, and take the guys home, dog and half of his money, and if they have kids she can expect his yacht as well. For that reason we can't just bash this off as if its an innocent thing to do, she will end up ruining someones life. Good thing is she's too poor, materialistic, self absorbed and stupid to ever even get in the same room as a rich guy. Do you think you'll walk down the street and have someone propose to you? Ignorant little girl
Original post by That'sGreat
OP asks for no negativity, is she so blind to how ridiculous she is? She is marrying someone for money, and we all know what will happen. Shell get divorced, never having worked a day in her life, and take the guys home, dog and half of his money, and if they have kids she can expect his yacht as well. For that reason we can't just bash this off as if its an innocent thing to do, she will end up ruining someones life. Good thing is she's too poor, materialistic, self absorbed and stupid to ever even get in the same room as a rich guy. Do you think you'll walk down the street and have someone propose to you? Ignorant little girl

So true ! And the legal system is too damn sexist, that the woman will almost always get the children :frown:

This has been done by a lady in Australia. She would marry rich guys and then divorce them, eventually she ended up becoming a billionaire. :angry:
I would suggest she's an example of forming a clear intent and then driving relentlessly towards one's goal.

Fair enough. I think that will be the same case with the OP.
Original post by MissEllieL
That would get annoying, cupcakes outweighs it for a while though I think! Also he let you drive his car, that's pretty good going haha :wink:

Honestly, I'd rather have an average guy with a brilliant personality who takes me out on simple dates than a rich guy with a terrible personality who takes me out on fancy dates.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Honestly, I'd rather have an average guy with a brilliant personality who takes me out on simple dates than a rich guy with a terrible personality who takes me out on fancy dates.

Totally. :five:

The truth is though, that there are jerks and worthwhile guys in all social classes, it isn't really mainly about money or class or background.
Totally. :five:

The truth is though, that there are jerks and worthwhile guys in all social classes, it isn't really mainly about money or class or background.

It isn't really about money/class/background no. Obviously I'd want someone financially stable but they don't have to be filthy rich like OP wants. I always got the impression that if you stick by your guy through anything and you become rich together, he'll know you're not as shallow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending