The Student Room Group

Cancelled car insurance

I have a policy with a box installed to measure speeding. I've driven 30 in a 20 3 times now and my insurance is getting cancelled. I've ticked the has your insurance ever been cancelled box and premiums are 3k, more than double what I'm paying now. Is there any way for insururers to check if I've had a cancelled policy before?*
Original post by Envee
I have a policy with a box installed to measure speeding. I've driven 30 in a 20 3 times now and my insurance is getting cancelled. I've ticked the has your insurance ever been cancelled box and premiums are 3k, more than double what I'm paying now. Is there any way for insururers to check if I've had a cancelled policy before?*

Yes, insurers can easily find out if you have had insurance cancelled before. They can and they do find out. And if they do find out, they can cancel your insurance again, refuse to pay out in the event of an accident etc etc. Its just not worth it.
Reply 2
Insurers have a shared database for claims and cancellations. A word to the wise, lying to an insurer is fraud, and will likely give you a CIFAS flag on your credit file, making it virtually impossible to get credit again for a long long time.
Original post by Envee

Hi! Which insurance company has quoted £3000? I'm getting quotes of £8000!!
Original post by Envee

Yup, the insurers contact agencies which'll have a record of this cancellation. No running away from insurers.

It's a serious criminal offence to lie to insurers, and as pointed out above, is insurance fraud.

Quick Reply

Latest