The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth Accommodation 2016

Hi Everyone,

I have accepted a offer for Bournemouth Computer networks and now I am trying to sort out accomodation.

I sadly fall under the 'late applicants' and now I am really worried about securing accommodation! Please tell me there is someone else out there in the same boat as me? Is there anything else I can do to make my chances of getting accommodation any better? I just received an email saying to look at Bournemouth's alternate forms of accommodation, but I really want to go to halls and get the real feel of being a first year.

Anyone out there got any plans?

Cheers,

Charlie ^_^

Scroll to see replies

From experience quite a few students dropped out of halls within the first month, or a couple of weeks after freshers.
Im sure youll be good :smile:
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
hey im in the same boat ! im really unsure what to do about this. im really not in the mood to move into a flat i dont even wanna live in just to wait for a spot in halls. whats ur plan?
Original post by elegr
hey im in the same boat ! im really unsure what to do about this. im really not in the mood to move into a flat i dont even wanna live in just to wait for a spot in halls. whats ur plan?

Hey Buddy,

Glad to hear I'm noton my own! Umm plan, I'm not really sure at all! My plan at the moment is hoping to god there is a space in halls for me! I'm not sure what else we can do, look at Bournemouths alternative accommodation but I really want to go into halls of residence!
Reply 4
Original post by Disguiseddeamon
Hey Buddy,

Glad to hear I'm noton my own! Umm plan, I'm not really sure at all! My plan at the moment is hoping to god there is a space in halls for me! I'm not sure what else we can do, look at Bournemouths alternative accommodation but I really want to go into halls of residence!

yeaaaaa same here... i think theyre gonna let us know in august if theres still space? so im counting on that. if all goes wrong im just gonna have to find some last minute accommodation elsewhere. goddammit haha
Original post by elegr
yeaaaaa same here... i think theyre gonna let us know in august if theres still space? so im counting on that. if all goes wrong im just gonna have to find some last minute accommodation elsewhere. goddammit haha

Haha well if you need a last minute roommate give me a buzz! Haha most likely I'll be needing it too! What is it you are studying? : )
Reply 6
Haha well if you need a last minute roommate give me a buzz! Haha most likely I'll be needing it too! What is it you are studying? : )

communication & media. it was a pretty last minute decision haha + im from germany so the process is especially tedious for me bc they want sooooooo much paperwork. hbu?
Original post by elegr
communication & media. it was a pretty last minute decision haha + im from germany so the process is especially tedious for me bc they want sooooooo much paperwork. hbu?

Ah that does sound interesting :] Ah it was a last minute thing for me too, wow all the way from germany? What drew you to Bournemouth? :smile: I'm doing Computer Networks, so that should be fun! Haha :smile: Yeh Student finance is pretty tedious for me I can't imagine how much more annoying it is for you! :'s
Reply 8
Ah that does sound interesting :] Ah it was a last minute thing for me too, wow all the way from germany? What drew you to Bournemouth? :smile: I'm doing Computer Networks, so that should be fun! Haha :smile: Yeh Student finance is pretty tedious for me I can't imagine how much more annoying it is for you! :'s

heyyaaaaa dont know if u knew this already but i just saw on the accommodation portal that we'll get an email on 19th august!
to be honest, my grades are pretty much average for german standards but the brits interpret them to be even worse so i didnt have many options. im interested in media and bournemouth is supposed to be good for that, i love the sea, the proximity to london, i like the way they present themselves online (not the smartest way to decide on where u wanna spend 30 grand but i had to make my decision from a distance haha).. i emailed a couple unis if theyre still accepting applications but as soon as i got the OK from bournemouth i knew thats it, i just have a good feeling about it i guess. if i'd been on time and my grades were better i probably wouldve gone elsewhere but its all good.
computer networks seems like a really useful degree!
student finance has been hell. something went wrong with my application and i cant get them on the phone so im stuck haha
@elegr @Disguiseddeamon

Hey guys,

My name is Steve and I'm a final year student at BU studying Business Studies. I'm also a Student Ambassador here on TSR!

Great to hear you're both excited by BU. I thought I'd make you aware of a few more options that are available to you separate from going straight to private letting a flat for instance. There are a few alternative accommodation options available to look at through the link here. These of course aren't managed by the firms that look after the BU halls of residence, but they offer the same monthly package payment system that BU halls do as well as a similar living environment. They're all in ideal parts of town meaning that you can easily meet up with people that you meet at Uni and still be just as involved in the social side!

I stayed in private accommodation in my first year and really enjoyed it! There are plenty of flats in Bournemouth that work out at the same price as halls and potentially cheaper, so that can be a benefit. If it comes to it, like with the alternative accommodation options, you won't miss out on the experience if you keep in touch with events that are going on (there are plenty of leaflets given out at Uni that so it's hard not to!).

Like you've mentioned, it might be worth waiting for the University to notify you of any last minute rooms, but there are other options available to start making a plan just in case.

I hope that's helpful and feel free to shoot any further questions over!

Steve Moss
Hi Everyone,

I have accepted a offer for Bournemouth Computer networks and now I am trying to sort out accomodation.

I sadly fall under the 'late applicants' and now I am really worried about securing accommodation! Please tell me there is someone else out there in the same boat as me? Is there anything else I can do to make my chances of getting accommodation any better? I just received an email saying to look at Bournemouth's alternate forms of accommodation, but I really want to go to halls and get the real feel of being a first year.

Anyone out there got any plans?

Cheers,

Charlie ^_^

Hi Charlie,

If your heart is set on being in halls you may want to consider private halls. Thy are the same as BU halls except they are not run by the university. I see Steve has already posted a link, so the options there are definiely worth checking out as the ones displayed are recommended by the university.

I just wanted to add that my friend stays in Lulworth House this year and I have been to visit her on many occasions. It's very modern inside and reminds me a lot of Dorechester House. It is at the end of the street that the The Old Firestation is on and opposite Lyme Regis, so if you did decide to get halls privately you would still be in the heart of everything.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask :smile:
Gemma :biggrin: (student ambassador)
Reply 11
I am in the same position. I live in east London and struggling to find somewhere in Bournemouth to live! :/
Reply 12
Same subject im studying :-D

Original post by elegr
Reply 13
Hey guys, I put Bournemouth as my insurance studying marketing communications, currently looking for a place to live as all the halls seem to be booked up? - anyone know what happens now?
Original post by Aneek56
Hey guys, I put Bournemouth as my insurance studying marketing communications, currently looking for a place to live as all the halls seem to be booked up? - anyone know what happens now?

Hi Aneek

Firstly, congratulations on your place at BU!

This webpage has all you need to know about your accommodation options.

Your best start would be to join the BU Find a Housemate Facebook page and post a message to the wall to say you're looking for a room or a group of people to get together and find a house - lots of others are doing this - https://www.facebook.com/BUfindahousemate/

We're looking forward to welcoming you next month!

Best wishes

Sarah
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by EmmaAl
I am in the same position. I live in east London and struggling to find somewhere in Bournemouth to live! :/

Hi EmmaAL

Your best start would be to join the BU Find a Housemate Facebook page and post a message to the wall to say you're looking for a room or a group of people to get together and find a house - lots of others are doing this - https://www.facebook.com/BUfindahousemate/

Best wishes

Sarah
Original post by Aneek56

I'm studying marketing communications too! Have you managed to sort anything out??
Reply 17
Original post by Bournemouth University
Hi Aneek

Firstly, congratulations on your place at BU!

Best wishes

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

I've done that - just wondering what's the likely hood of there being any space in halls over the next few days? Is it worth waiting?
Original post by Aneek56
Hi Sarah,

I've done that - just wondering what's the likely hood of there being any space in halls over the next few days? Is it worth waiting?

Hi Aneek

I'd strongly encourage you to consider the alternative accommodation options at this stage.

Kind regards

Sarah
Hiya,Is anyone still looking for accommodation as my friends also looking. She's currently in her 2nd year at AUB which is next-door to bournemouth university.Please let me know ASAP, as you could possibly get a house share.
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending