The Student Room Group

Anyone in the same predicament as me? - New A-level scheme

So the only new scheme I am doing is Chemistry so my AS exams didn't count. Now I feel like the work load is going to double and I'm going to have to remember everything I learnt in AS for A2? Anyone feeling the same way?
I'm in the same boat for all my subjects :smile: so I know how you feel. I guess we're just gonna have to revise both years throughout the year, as the final exams will determine the overall grade of the 2 years we've been studying. :s
Reply 2
Original post by AnnaRainbows
I'm in the same boat for all my subjects :smile: so I know how you feel. I guess we're just gonna have to revise both years throughout the year, as the final exams will determine the overall grade of the 2 years we've been studying. :s

Yh, its really annoying :smile: When do you plan on recapping any of the AS stuff?
I've actually been doing revision on-and-off during summer, and now I'm fully committed to it! Since my grades weren't shiny on AS results day, I decided it's time to make it a full-time job haha! Still got homework as well so can't afford to slack off :frown: what about you?
Reply 4
I've actually been doing revision on-and-off during summer, and now I'm fully committed to it! Since my grades weren't shiny on AS results day, I decided it's time to make it a full-time job haha! Still got homework as well so can't afford to slack off :frown: what about you?

I've actually been rather lazy about it and not done much. I achieved pretty good results which now in my eyes can now be a negative things because it allowed me to slack off. Now though I am going to commit to revision :smile:
Original post by Ze Witcher
I've actually been rather lazy about it and not done much. I achieved pretty good results which now in my eyes can now be a negative things because it allowed me to slack off. Now though I am going to commit to revision :smile:

Good luck! I'm sure you can ace your subjects if you put your mind to it :smile: message me whenever/if you like if you need an ear!
Reply 6
Good luck! I'm sure you can ace your subjects if you put your mind to it :smile: message me whenever/if you like if you need an ear!

Ah alright, good luck to you to!:smile:
Reply 7
Hi, I feel like this too! Just finished AS this year.
My plan is to commit more time to A2 as it is more difficult and do small bits of AS each week.
I need to make a revision plan as I go back next week haha.

Are you (or anyone else reading) doing same subjects as me?
Biology AQA
Computer Science AQA
Maths AQA (Stats)
Well, I'm doing Biology but not AQA, OCR instead :smile: however usually I'm given homework from AQA past papers (don't know why my tutor does it) so I'm quite familiar with the question structure :smile: PM me if you need any help!

Quick Reply

Latest