The Student Room Group

Is it possible?

If i get grades better than i expected, can i take opt to take a gap year, on results day, even if i have my firm offer etc?
Reply 1
Original post by Shah99
If i get grades better than i expected, can i take opt to take a gap year, on results day, even if i have my firm offer etc?

You want to hold your firm offer, whilst on a gap year, so you can reapply knowing you still have that firm offer?

No. UCAS collects your ID and unless you have two passports, you can't do that.
Yes you can reject your firm offer once you have your results and reapply next year.
Reply 3
Original post by Shah99

what i meant was:
this year i got my AS levels and had BCC. with this result i will apply to biomedicine and pharmacy
but if i get AAA on A2 results day, can i take a gap year and then (while taking a gap year) apply to medicine?
Original post by Shah99
what i meant was:
this year i got my AS levels and had BCC. with this result i will apply to biomedicine and pharmacy
but if i get AAA on A2 results day, can i take a gap year and then (while taking a gap year) apply to medicine?

Yeah you can decline the offer and reapply for medicine in your gap year
Reply 5
Original post by AthiaKarim
Yeah you can decline the offer and reapply for medicine in your gap year

can i still decline it if its my firm offer?
Original post by Shah99
can i still decline it if its my firm offer?

Yeah, you can just tell them that you're withdrawing your UCAS application. I did it once before too :smile:

Quick Reply