The Student Room Group

Do I have to take Further Maths at AS Level or A Level for Economics at LSE?

I am a GCSE Student who is choosing his A Levels! My dream is to do Economics at LSE! Do I need to choose A Level Further Maths or can I do it as an AS instead. Would LSE prefer me to take it at AS Level?
I thought you already made a thread on this?
You don't HAVE to.
You can though, and it would probably be helpful
Reply 2
Original post by dp00
I am a GCSE Student who is choosing his A Levels! My dream is to do Economics at LSE! Do I need to choose A Level Further Maths or can I do it as an AS instead. Would LSE prefer me to take it at AS Level?

Yes! You can ask for the stats of how many people they accepted who didn't do further maths under freedom of information and they would be obligated to reply. My friend asked and I believe the number was extremely low. You must do it to AS at least.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by dp00

If it's offered at your school and you decided not to do it, I expect LSE would ask why you didn't & then probably reject your application

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LifeIsFine
I thought you already made a thread on this?
You don't HAVE to.
You can though, and it would probably be helpful
thanks!! They wouldnt reject me if I took it at AS Level rather than A Level would they?
Original post by dp00
thanks!! They wouldnt reject me if I took it at AS Level rather than A Level would they?

no, in fact you'd get an easier offer.
(A A A instead of A* A A )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending