The Student Room Group

Pick up artistry

Why is altruism demonised in pick up artistry?
As someone who rejects PUA/TRP but knows a lot about the manosphere, apparently it signifies that a man is supplicating and that the female brain has evolved to associate supplicating behaviours with low SMV.
Original post by HaramiSalami
As someone who rejects PUA/TRP but knows a lot about the manosphere, apparently it signifies that a man is supplicating and that the female brain has evolved to associate supplicating behaviours with low SMV.

What is your personal view on the subject?
Original post by AlexLawrence1453
What is your personal view on the subject?

Be yourself, but be your best self.
Original post by HaramiSalami
Be yourself, but be your best self.

Sounds healthy
It is not. There is a difference between being kind and being a pushover. You can pull through pretending to be a 'nice guy' just not a beta. Lots guys dislike women because we know most women treat those kind of guys like crap while lying to their faces, so some of us are dicks about it.
Original post by JabaDaba12
It is not. There is a difference between being kind and being a pushover. You can pull through pretending to be a 'nice guy' just not a beta. Lots guys dislike women because we know most women treat those kind of guys like crap while lying to their faces, so some of us are dicks about it.

Is pick up artistry not about sex without emotion or care for the collateral of the woman? I guess altruism in general isn't demonised, I see your point. I'll be more specific: why is altruism to women demonised?
Original post by AlexLawrence1453
Is pick up artistry not about sex without emotion or care for the collateral of the woman? I guess altruism in general isn't demonised, I see your point. I'll be more specific: why is altruism to women demonised?

Altruism towards women can get you sex, it's not altruism they disagree with, it's perceived signs of weakness. The whole manosphere thing rests on the belief that women sexually select men who are strong or believed to have higher value.
Original post by JabaDaba12
Altruism towards women can get you sex, it's not altruism they disagree with, it's perceived signs of weakness. The whole manosphere thing rests on the belief that women sexually select men who are strong or believed to have higher value.

Altruism inherently has no agenda for reciprocation. If you're being altruistic for sex, then you're not being altruistic. I noticed you distanced your self from PUA, what are you personal views on the issue?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending