The Student Room Group

Are 2AS levels enough to apply for uni

I will be doing 3Alevels but are 2AS levels enough
Care to elaborate?
Reply 2
Original post by OnTheHorizon
Care to elaborate?

Well, I am asking on behalf of my friend who only managed 2AS but will be doing 3alevels,
Are you saying that he did 2 AS level subjects but will do 3 A level subjects overall? As in,2 A2 subjects and 1 whole subject in one year?
Reply 4
Yes
Reply 5
As long as you have 3 predicted grades then yes, unless the uni asks for 4 AS which is less common now due to A-Level reforms.
AFAIK there aren't many unis that ask for 4 minimum.However you CAN apply with 2 subjects but you'll have limited choices.
Reply 7
AFAIK there aren't many unis that ask for 4 minimum.However you CAN apply with 2 subjects but you'll have limited choices.

What do you mean by limited choices
Original post by highfly
What do you mean by limited choices

Not all unis accept 2 and even if they did then you'll be limited to those 2 subject field choices as opposed to 3.This won't be a problem if you apply with atleast 3 predicted grades.
Reply 9
Not all unis accept 2 and even if they did then you'll be limited to those 2 subject field choices as opposed to 3.This won't be a problem if you apply with atleast 3 predicted grades.

No I am applying with 3predicted grades , so is this all ok then
Yeah it'll be fine. I'd be interested in how they get their predicted grade though.
Yes it's ok.

Quick Reply

Latest