The Student Room Group

Awkward phone calls

I registered with an agency and when I went in person to register the guy seemed very interested in me and flustered and kept playing with his wedding ring and in the end could not look at me. Whilst I thought he was nice I would not entertain the idea of a married man.

The guy rang me today and when I answered he seemed awkward on the phone and I acted a bit like a friend when I realised it was him asking how he was. I don't know why I did as it is not professional and I feel a bit embarrassed. I don't know why he randomly rings me at times telling me there are no updates. I would think that having no contact there is no update. Anyone got any tips on how to speak to him as I hate this awkwardness.
Original post by Anonymous
I registered with an agency and when I went in person to register the guy seemed very interested in me and flustered and kept playing with his wedding ring and in the end could not look at me. Whilst I thought he was nice I would not entertain the idea of a married man.

The guy rang me today and when I answered he seemed awkward on the phone and I acted a bit like a friend when I realised it was him asking how he was. I don't know why I did as it is not professional and I feel a bit embarrassed. I don't know why he randomly rings me at times telling me there are no updates. I would think that having no contact there is no update. Anyone got any tips on how to speak to him as I hate this awkwardness.

What's this an agency of? :curious:
Reply 2
Original post by Pinkberry_y
What's this an agency of? :curious:

An admin agency, it's not a modelling agency.
Original post by Anonymous
An admin agency, it's not a modelling agency.

Oh! Then just ignore any misgivings you have about this guy and act as platonic as you can. Channel the inner nun in you. If it gets that awkward you can always find another job, but give it a few months here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending