The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

GCSE life skills.

#Howyousurviveeverydaylife
Original post by iEthan
Well, well… what an opportunity! TSR has been working hard with a new exam board, the National Association of Excellence, to bring a whole new A-Level to the syllabus. Think you know TSR? Try TSR Studies, coming in 2017!

Are you the greatest of the guys? Think you know about negs? Were you here to see pig's meltdown? Take on Further TSR Studies. Coming late 2017. :yes:

Here's a sample paper. :proud:

Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 20.56.57.png

Let us know what you think!

Spoiler

Legendary
Selfie Studies
Original post by TheBirdman
Legendary

:moon:
A-Level in F***ing around. :wink:
GCSE Harambe
A Level Dicks out
Reply 46
GCSE Life Skills.

It's just a class, compulsory, where you learn crap like how to do your taxes, pros and cons of credit cards, how to improve CVs, getting value for money, idk stuff that actually matters rather than useless bullcrap LIKE FINDING A GODDAMN HYPOTENUSE FFS
A Level Gardening
I would actually sign up for that ngl
Oasis A-level
an A-Level in Lord of the Rings. I'd ace it.
Procrastination (just before exams I'd ace it)
Original post by bizzy_penguin
saw an old joke thread about wondering whether A Level Colouring or A Level Dot-To-Dot were real courses, which gave me some inspiration to start this thread.

SO, if YOU were to create a new A Level course, or GCSE:

What would the course be called?
What would you need to do, to pass the exam / or would there be coursework?

For me I'd create a new A Level course called A Level Harry Potter & you'd have practical assessments on all the lessons, & marked on essays relevant to magical subjects. There would be trips within the course which would consist of going to the studio tour & the one in America, we'd also analyse books & movies, & extra points would be awarded for going on fan sites, writing fanfiction, regularly going on Pottermore, & on Jk Rowlings site.
There would be no exam as this is based on coursework.

GCSE Quidditch would also be an acceptable option - applicants will learn how to look after their own broomstick, play Quidditch, on the ground and in the air, attend regular Quidditch trials, and making comparisons on how muggle sports differ from Quidditch. Trips would consist of attending the Quidditch World Cup. The candidate will sit an exam required them to write about what they've learnt in the subject. A controlled assessment will be undertaken by playing the actual game of Quidditch and will be marked on their game.

Time to create the GCSE or A Level you wish YOU wanted to exist :smile:
enjoy
Sex Ed.
No exam, all practical work :colone:

Spoiler

A level sleeping

Posted from TSR Mobile
A level how to actually write notes and learn things without rote memorisation
AKA the opposite of everything our school system aims to teach us

Posted from TSR Mobile
A level and GCSE Journalism. Because apparently its pointless to study it before postgraduate level (its good to do a degree in something you're interested in first.)

also GCSE photography
GCSE and A-Level video gaming, now that's something I'd get behind

Posted from TSR Mobile
GCSE GCSE Studies.

Where you learn about how GCSEs have developed over the years, what they were known as before, and how the mark schemes work.
Reply 57
GCSE: Real Life Studies - learn about taxes and real life ****

Have to pass with a B at least
Reply 58
Original post by MPH125
GCSE Life Skills.

It's just a class, compulsory, where you learn crap like how to do your taxes, pros and cons of credit cards, how to improve CVs, getting value for money, idk stuff that actually matters rather than useless bullcrap LIKE FINDING A GODDAMN HYPOTENUSE FFS

100% on board
I'd genuinely like to have a Biochemistry A Level. Make it as difficult as chemistry too :smile:

Latest