The Student Room Group

'Hmm, interesting subjects...'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blooptop
Someone with both smarts and social suaveness? You're going places. The world will indeed be thanking u one day lmao

Stop it you're making me blush :colondollar:
Same with me lol, I did maths, chemistry, English lit. and geography............
Reply 22
I'm hearing this a lot lately! I'm starting college in a few days and doing Biology, Geography, Maths and Literature.

Anyone doing these subjects or similar?

There must be weirder combinations out there, you guys!?

Maybe not weird, just really really tough. Maths and Biology is a lot, Lit with Geography as well, that's going to be a major pain in the ass. Lmao A Levels are hard anyways though so its ok I guess
Original post by MPH125
Maybe not weird, just really really tough. Maths and Biology is a lot, Lit with Geography as well, that's going to be a major pain in the ass. Lmao A Levels are hard anyways though so its ok I guess

I think it's nice to have a mix, having a lot of variety between lessons and learning about different things. However, in my case I recognise that it would have been much better to have chosen further maths/physics as I am going to do a chemistry degree! (I did maths chem geog and eng lit)
Reply 24
Original post by itsConnor_
I think it's nice to have a mix, having a lot of variety between lessons and learning about different things. However, in my case I recognise that it would have been much better to have chosen further maths/physics as I am going to do a chemistry degree! (I did maths chem geog and eng lit)

There is nothing wrong with a mix, it's just a hell of a lot harder. Like if you did all science-y subjects, chem, bio, phys and maths or something, at least its the same school of thinking y'know. But at the end of the day, if you can get good grades in all, then it really doesn't matter what you take lol.
If there really are going to be more people good at both politics and thinking critically and, you know, understanding data, then i have new hope for the future... :biggrin:
Thank you, your words are too kind :smile: I think I am quite unusual though in that I really enjoy both science and politics, usually people just take a shine to one of them and not the other. I like science because the universe is a beautiful place and the more science that I understand the more I can admire it. In the same vain, politics is necessary for our society to exist and in general I quite enjoy talking about various political theories and philosophies, more so than real-life politics to be honest. I do wish more scientists would get involved in politics though, it would definitely be beneficial to humanity's long-term development.

Quick Reply

Latest