The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

nah.
Original post by Noodlzzz
What are people's experiences of moving area and new mental health teams?

How long will it be before I see the CMHT if my referral from old CMHT is accepted?

It took me 9 weeks to be placed into services, but that was mainly because I had to refer myself through the GP. Honestly, though, it was a bloody nightmare.

----

Ah, meds. Stop ****ing me over, please. I went to the gym yesterday (got a new membership) and I felt so lightheaded.
I applied for a mandatory reconsideration for my PIP decision today and I've to write a letter stating what I disagree with in the report, as a few things are the polar opposite of what I said at the medical plus what my GP has witnessed so I need to clarify a few things. Hopefully this will help get the 2 points I needed to get PIP and that it wont have to go to the appeal stage but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Original post by Spock's Socks
I applied for a mandatory reconsideration for my PIP decision today and I've to write a letter stating what I disagree with in the report, as a few things are the polar opposite of what I said at the medical plus what my GP has witnessed so I need to clarify a few things. Hopefully this will help get the 2 points I needed to get PIP and that it wont have to go to the appeal stage but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm not sure if you are getting any support with this, but if not, going to the CAB can be helpful. From what I've heard and experienced, it can be helpful to explain exactly what support and that you require rather than just what you find difficult or your diagnosis etc. So like "I get anxiety in public places, therefore I require someone to go with me on a regular basis to help me calm down if I become anxious. I require this around 3 times a week so I can complete tasks such as shopping, going to appointments and attending my weekly swimming group". That's a basic example though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks

Going through exactly the same process myself. Wishing you the best of luck.
Original post by bullettheory
I'm not sure if you are getting any support with this, but if not, going to the CAB can be helpful. From what I've heard and experienced, it can be helpful to explain exactly what support and that you require rather than just what you find difficult or your diagnosis etc. So like "I get anxiety in public places, therefore I require someone to go with me on a regular basis to help me calm down if I become anxious. I require this around 3 times a week so I can complete tasks such as shopping, going to appointments and attending my weekly swimming group". That's a basic example though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the advice :smile: I have an appt next week at my local resource centre to get help with the letter so will keep you guys updated
Original post by ScaryScience
Going through exactly the same process myself. Wishing you the best of luck.

Sorry to hear you are in the same boat :frown: best of luck and keep me updated with how everything goes :hugs:
Life is an unending nightmare. I cant even articulate just how relentlessly horrific existing is. I'm not exaggerating or just focusing on the bad when I say drama, trouble and bad news follow me everywhere. Nothing ever ever goes my way. I was saying this to my support worker and even she agrees that it's a constant stream of badness in my life. I applied for ESA in May and still not even had an assessment date. I have no money. I got rejected by PIP which quite frankly takes the piss. I cant go out, staff are having to cook my meals, i'm doing nothing except pacing around the garden in an absolute state all day. My niece died completely unexpectedly last week too. Don't even know how I feel about that. Not sure have processed it. Basically it feels like my head is in a vice and so is my heart. I cant think straight, I am just hurting. The agitation and sleeplessness and night terrors and flashbacks and depression and food issues are just on another level.
CPN meeting went alright. I am gonna stick with the meds and see if the side effects die down. We will review if necessary.

I am in a foul mood, however, and not even a mug of tea is helping atm.
Original post by Midnightmemories
Moved hotel for a couple nights. Wifi works better here. :giggle:

Not doing that well at the moment, physical stuff has decided to flare up majorly so im in a lot of pain and nothing is doing much. The mental things aren't going that well either. I suppose it could be doctor time when I go back, however it will be difficult for me to book a appointment because of how I don't know my hours.

However, one bit of good news I got was that I've officially been accepted into my apprenticeship. And I start that less than a week after I come back. Hoping that means my resits came out okay since I haven't had the results yet and won't get them until I come back from holiday.

Hope everyone's okay :jumphug:

Sorry to hear you aren't doing well at the moment, but congrats on the apprenticeship! :smile:
Original post by Airmed
and not even a mug of tea is helping atm.

How terribly British haha, not sure whether to suggest a stern letter or some mild tutting :smile: glad to hear your CPN meeting was alright
Original post by Ezme39
How terribly British haha, not sure whether to suggest a stern letter or some mild tutting :smile: glad to hear your CPN meeting was alright

Omg, I am Irish. :colonhash:

:laugh: I forgive you, but we are just obsessed with our tea in Ireland.

Original post by Ezme39
Sorry to hear you aren't doing well at the moment, but congrats on the apprenticeship! :smile:

Thank you! :hugs: The company are actually very flexible regarding my physical illness (that they know of because of issues that it has caused with me doing certain things) and don't really mind if I need to take a day off due to hospital appointments as long as I don't miss important days. I currently work for them as a weekend gal but since I finished college I have pretty much been full time anyway. They all recommended me for the scheme and the area manager is lovely and said to me that they'll do whatever is needed to help me threw which is good. (Winter is coming... I get constantly Ill during winter which they already had to deal with when I started. I needed up having to take my second day at work off and then a month afterwards a week off was needed because the doctors signed me off as I couldn't really do much :facepalm: )

I've known about my acceptance for awhile but it wasn't officially until a couple of days ago when I got the email saying my official start date and welcome letter :giggle:
Original post by Airmed

I'm part Irish but can't stand tea:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Airmed

I went into the Irish pub style restaurant at Disney springs a few nights ago and it was basically sheep, Guinness and tea related merch in there. :giggle:
Original post by Andy98

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry Andy, we can't be friends anymore.

I went into the Irish pub style restaurant at Disney springs a few nights ago and it was basically sheep, Guinness and tea related merch in there. :giggle:

Sounds about right. :rofl:
Original post by Airmed

Oh haha! Apologies :wink:
Original post by Andy98

Posted from TSR Mobile

Irish Breakfast Tea is one of the best teas though. I understand why not everyone's a fan of that weak English stuff but the Irish really know where it's at tea-wise.
The company are actually very flexible regarding my physical illness (that they know of because of issues that it has caused with me doing certain things) and don't really mind if I need to take a day off due to hospital appointments as long as I don't miss important days. I currently work for them as a weekend gal but since I finished college I have pretty much been full time anyway. They all recommended me for the scheme and the area manager is lovely and said to me that they'll do whatever is needed to help me threw which is good. (Winter is coming... I get constantly Ill during winter which they already had to deal with when I started. I needed up having to take my second day at work off and then a month afterwards a week off was needed because the doctors signed me off as I couldn't really do much :facepalm:

Sounds ideal; it's lovely that they're so flexible for you :smile: if only more companies were like that! Best of luck with your next step
Original post by RayApparently
Irish Breakfast Tea is one of the best teas though. I understand why not everyone's a fan of that weak English stuff but the Irish really know where it's at tea-wise.

I went home last week. Packed a box of clothes to be sent to me. Sitting right in that box is 160 Irish breakfast teabags. The love is real, Ray. :yep:
Original post by Airmed
I went home last week. Packed a box of clothes to be sent to me. Sitting right in that box is 160 Irish breakfast teabags. The love is real, Ray. :yep:

That's lovely that is. I plan on packing a large mason jar of assorted teabags for uni. I used to be a Earl Grey fan but not so much anymore for some reason. Ever been to T2?

Latest