The Student Room Group

Pubs in UK

Ok , so I wanted to ask what is the music there ?
I , for example , when I go to a pub , I like listening to classic rock , no new **** .That's for clubbing .
So , how's the music ? ( sorry , if this is a stupid question :smile: )
Reply 1
Really depends on the pub. Live music nights generically consist of rock or blues tho
Reply 2
Original post by MPH125
Really depends on the pub. Live music nights generically consist of rock or blues tho

So , there are pubs with Rihanna and David Guetta ? WTF , seems so wrong to me :smile:
Most pubs don't have music. Maybe a TV with sports on.
Reply 4
Original post by DanArthur
So , there are pubs with Rihanna and David Guetta ? WTF , seems so wrong to me :smile:

Rarely, at least not live anyway...
Reply 5
Original post by jneill
Rarely, at least not live anyway...

Not talking about live . I was just imagining drinking a beer and listening to David Guetta . Seems so wrong :smile:))
Reply 6
Original post by DanArthur
Ok , so I wanted to ask what is the music there ?
I , for example , when I go to a pub , I like listening to classic rock , no new **** .That's for clubbing .
So , how's the music ? ( sorry , if this is a stupid question :smile: )

Tbf proper pubs (the traditional ones like you see in classic sitcoms) are dying out in the UK, but most of the pubs we have don't really play music

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WoodyMKC
Most pubs don't have music. Maybe a TV with sports on.

This, which is better really as you can actually talk.
Reply 8
Original post by Andy98
Tbf proper pubs (the traditional ones like you see in classic sitcoms) are dying out in the UK, but most of the pubs we have don't really play music

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah , that's a shame.In my city right now , we have only two with classic rock and , for me at least , that goes best with drinking.
Reply 9
Original post by Precious Illusions

I wouldn't mind quiet music in the background

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10

I was talking about music that is loud enough to hear it but quiet enough to hear everybody talking .

Which is great, until my mates start talking about car engines. Then I'd happily drown them out with literally anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending