The Student Room Group

embarrassed after a night out

Basically I got drunk last night in a club.

I went to the takaway afterwards and then sat next to some random people I don't know and I started crying and telling them my problems.

I feel very embarrassed now. What should I do?
Everyone who's ever got pissed has embarrassed themselves in some way while they were pissed.

Don't worry about it. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous

I went to the takaway afterwards and then sat next to some random people I don't know and I started crying and telling them my problems.

Minus the takeaway part, I've done what you've done so many times when drunk OP. My friends at uni will just tease me the next day if I did it after a night off or just don't make anything of it anymore.
Is the last feeling before you drink sadness usually? For me it's usually worse when I drink whilst sad or stressed, but more so because I go above my limit without realising till I'm sat there drunk.
Best thing to do is if anyone brings it up just laugh it off and be like oh I'm so silly when drunk and make a joke of it
Reply 3
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Minus the takeaway part, I've done what you've done so many times when drunk OP. My friends at uni will just tease me the next day if I did it after a night off or just don't make anything of it anymore.
Is the last feeling before you drink sadness usually? For me it's usually worse when I drink whilst sad or stressed, but more so because I go above my limit without realising till I'm sat there drunk.
Best thing to do is if anyone brings it up just laugh it off and be like oh I'm so silly when drunk and make a joke of it

Actually no one I know was around. It was only the strangers. And I doubt I'll ever see them again.
You literally have nothing to feel embarrassed about, you'll never see these people again
Actually no one I know was around. It was only the strangers. And I doubt I'll ever see them again.
(edited 7 years ago)
Most people have done embarrassing things when they are drunk. Yours seems to be on the mild side of the scale. No-one harmed, no friends upset and the strangers are unlikely to see you again or remember what you said.
Next time, maybe don't get so drunk, or stick with a friend that you can trust to get you home safely. Being drunk makes people do things that they want to but wouldn't dare when they are sober. If you really want to talk to someone about your problems, do it when you're sober. The Samaritans will listen (you don't have to be suicidal!)
Reply 6
That's nothing. What's embarrassing about that
If you've been drunk on numerous occasions and never done something embarrassing, you're doing it wrong.
I've felt your pain OP but if they don't know you it doesn't really matter.

I once walked through the centre of town early in the morning not realising I had massive chunks of hair missing from where I'd been terrorised with clippers while passed out drunk. I only realised when I got home why I was getting funny looks from loads of people. :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Lit teacher
Most people have done embarrassing things when they are drunk. Yours seems to be on the mild side of the scale. No-one harmed, no friends upset and the strangers are unlikely to see you again or remember what you said.
Next time, maybe don't get so drunk, or stick with a friend that you can trust to get you home safely. Being drunk makes people do things that they want to but wouldn't dare when they are sober. If you really want to talk to someone about your problems, do it when you're sober. The Samaritans will listen (you don't have to be suicidal!)

Yea, I don't think I'll be drinking anytime soon.
Though I'm probably only saying that because I'm hungover.

I broke down crying in front of someone once. It just happens. Don't worry about it, they won't care nor will they remember.
Was yours in front of a stranger?

Yea I know a lot of people do it. Not the first nor the last one to do it.
Reply 12
Embarrassed?!?!? REMEMBER you said I quote "random people"
YOUR PROBABLY NEVER GONNA SEE THEM AGIAN

it will be fine no need to worry 👍🏾😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was yours in front of a stranger?

I knew of them, but didn't really know them. The awkward thing is I became paralyzed so I couldn't get up to leave.

But anyway, it happens, don't worry! :smile:
that's a very standard thing to happen when drunk

I'd give myself a pat on the back if that was the only embarrassing thing I'd done on a night out.
Original post by natalie427
I'd give myself a pat on the back if that was the only embarrassing thing I'd done on a night out.

Well what else can be more embarrassing?
Reply 17

Truss me it's not the bad 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've watched my friend take a piss on the stairs inside a club as people walked around her. That's just to start.
I'm always embarrassed after a night out, usually because I feel like I'm a burden as I get quite emotional. I also get quite rowdy and so I told my ex who was kissing a girl I was 'friends' with to go and do one, and now I have to see him at school

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending