The Student Room Group

Can I just ask how do some girls get boyfriends so easily?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RooshV
Yeah what you quoted is my answer. 'Open up' not emotionally..literally.

I don't want to have sex with a guy though until I'm in a relationship and I know he's right for me :/
Original post by Ezme39
From my experience, throwing the occasional flirty/ cute text helps to make them think of me in a different way :smile: around half of my good guy friends have progressed into relationships, though not all of them have lasted very long. There is definitely a different way that I behave around a guy I'm interested in, and they tend to act on it :smile:

This is going to sound so dumb but, how do you flirt? I'm 100% being serious, I don't know how to flirt. How do you flirt in real life and on text? I don't have a clue what I'm doing, I don't understand where people learnt how to do these things :frown:
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
I don't want to have sex with a guy though until I'm in a relationship and I know he's right for me :/

This is going to sound so dumb but, how do you flirt? I'm 100% being serious, I don't know how to flirt. How do you flirt in real life and on text? I don't have a clue what I'm doing, I don't understand where people learnt how to do these things :frown:

Well then be contempt with your current situation
Original post by RooshV
Well then be contempt with your current situation

Also with regards to your previous comment, how does a girl flirt?
In the past when you've seen girls flirt, what have they been doing? I'm completely clueless
How do I ask them out? When people say this they make it sound so simple but I literally have no real experience with guys. The awkward dating moments people go through when they're 15/16/17, I never had. I got thrown in the deep end when I started uni and went crazy kissing lots of guys drunk but no relationships came of them.
I also know a bunch of girls who were definitely asked out by the guy first who made the first move with them :/

Without being rude, if your idea of attracting guys is going round handing out drunken kisses, that might be why you're single. Get friendly with the guy a bit first, ask him out for a coffee.
Original post by WoodyMKC
Without being rude, if your idea of attracting guys is going round handing out drunken kisses, that might be why you're single. Get friendly with the guy a bit first, ask him out for a coffee.

But I've read somewhere and been told that if a guy really likes you he'll ask you out first, that's why I'm reluctant to do so :frown:
If you like a guy, let them know, most guys are too shy and if they like a girl they may end up kissing them but if they don't text back it could be because they felt you didn't like them back. It all comes down to showing emotion, if you don't show the emotion they are looking for, they will think you aren't interested in them.

Don't take this too seriously, I'm not an expert by any means!
Original post by WoodyMKC
Stop waiting for guys to come to you, is my advice. Be a bit more forward, ask them out instead.

Original post by Airmed
I managed to do it and I bet you anything I'm more awkward than you. You just need to not put yourself down so much and perhaps put yourself out there, which was suggested above.

Listen to these guys, their advice is sound. :smile:
Original post by Annonnymouss
If you like a guy, let them know, most guys are too shy and if they like a girl they may end up kissing them but if they don't text back it could be because they felt you didn't like them back. It all comes down to showing emotion, if you don't show the emotion they are looking for, they will think you aren't interested in them.

Don't take this too seriously, I'm not an expert by any means!

Thing is, in the past guys have asked for my number and I've given it, and been willing to text them to express my interest in them, but they never text me!!! I don't even get to the text conversation stage, never mind show them I'm interested in them :frown:
I also don't know how I can put myself more forward and out there.
This is why I hate that I went to an all girls school, everything else people take for granted I am clueless in
Reply 28
I have been with my boyfriend 5years nearly six and we are both 19. We began by just admitting we had a crush on eachother and we text for a while 9 months of texting later we met eachothers families. Just dont plan too far ahead and take any day as it comes
Reply 29
Truthfully, you simply might not be attractive.
But I've read somewhere and been told that if a guy really likes you he'll ask you out first, that's why I'm reluctant to do so :frown:

Not all guys are confident enough to ask a girl out.
Original post by RooshV
Truthfully, you simply might not be attractive.

Okay give me a list of features which would make a girl unattractive. Don't hold back at sll, tell me everything and anything
Reply 32
Okay give me a list of features which would make a girl unattractive. Don't hold back at sll, tell me everything and anything

I cant really do that. Unattractive girls come in different forms and guys like different things. I know fat girls in relationships.

The only thing to solve this 'issue' is if you start to flirt more. And things will progress from there. You are most likely uptight and prude. Loosen up and become more provocative.
Original post by RooshV
I cant really do that. Unattractive girls come in different forms and guys like different things. I know fat girls in relationships.

The only thing to solve this 'issue' is if you start to flirt more. And things will progress from there. You are most likely uptight and prude. Loosen up and become more provocative.

Ok well I'm not fat... And I don't know how to flirt!! I genuinely genuinely don't
I went to an all girls school and 6th form yet despite that some girls there still found boyfriends and met guys fairly easily whereas I did not know a single guy in all 7 years.
Then I go to uni which is known to be a male dominated uni where you'd think my chances would be sky high at getting a boyfriend but no, a big fat ZERO! I have guy friends but that's it, no ones asked me out, never kissed a guy sober. I have kissed a few guys drunk but they haven't messaged me the next day or when they see me around they don't really converse that much with me.
What am I doing wrong?! I'm in a sports society at uni and it's mixed sex where a few people have found met other guys through it and dated, whereas for me there had been ZERO interest.
Whereas some girls can literally get any guy they want or are barley single for more than a few months. Some of these girls aren't even good looking and I know that looks are definitely not everything, but they must have some attractive personality but what?

I really wanna know what I can do to improve myself, can you guys please please offer some, any advice!

Your post made me lol in a good way.

Confidence. be approachable, dont be too shy.
Confidence attracts.
Smile- not like a grinning idioy though.
Be good company.
Make the most of yourself.
Learn to flirt and interact a bit.
Dont try, but do be sociable.
Meet new people and exploit friend networks.
Stop trying
I went to an all girls school and 6th form yet despite that some girls there still found boyfriends and met guys fairly easily whereas I did not know a single guy in all 7 years.
Then I go to uni which is known to be a male dominated uni where you'd think my chances would be sky high at getting a boyfriend but no, a big fat ZERO! I have guy friends but that's it, no ones asked me out, never kissed a guy sober. I have kissed a few guys drunk but they haven't messaged me the next day or when they see me around they don't really converse that much with me.
What am I doing wrong?! I'm in a sports society at uni and it's mixed sex where a few people have found met other guys through it and dated, whereas for me there had been ZERO interest.
Whereas some girls can literally get any guy they want or are barley single for more than a few months. Some of these girls aren't even good looking and I know that looks are definitely not everything, but they must have some attractive personality but what?

I really wanna know what I can do to improve myself, can you guys please please offer some, any advice!

Hmm...

Maybe find a guy you think likes you and goto your/his room.
Maybe make a excuse like pls could you help me on this course/supervision work?

And then make a 'move'

Either I dunno jump on him or start touching him whilst looking into his eyes...

If you don't want to do that then just get undressed 👍
Ok well I'm not fat... And I don't know how to flirt!! I genuinely genuinely don't

Well - you could try giving him a little push/shove in the halls or stairs and some digs in the arm when he doesn't give you attention or a way to say hello.

Maybe mess with your hair - or fling it about sassy.

There are many different ways.

You need to know if he's interested spending time with you - maybe ask him to walk you to a lecture?

If you have a feeling the guy is interested then you need to make a move - chances are he's waiting for you.

Be controlling - self explanatory - be controlling in every sense
(edited 7 years ago)

OP, guys like sex as a general rule, chances are the ones you think aren't attractive are spreading their legs quite a bit for them.

If you want a boyfriend you have to either a) be attractive or b) be easy.

Too much make-up.
Slouch

Other than that why do I have a right to judge or be picky?

After all - I am a virgin
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 39
they have good uh.... oral skills

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending