The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Airmed
Sorry Andy, we can't be friends anymore.

Sounds about right. :rofl:

Original post by RayApparently
Irish Breakfast Tea is one of the best teas though. I understand why not everyone's a fan of that weak English stuff but the Irish really know where it's at tea-wise.

What can I say? I prefer my Guinness, or Bailey's

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's lovely that is. I plan on packing a large mason jar of assorted teabags for uni. I used to be a Earl Grey fan but not so much anymore for some reason. Ever been to T2?

I tend to have a love hate relationship with Earl Grey. I just Googled T2. Holy ****, it looks amazing.
Original post by Andy98

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl:

Alright then, maybe we can still be friends.
Original post by Airmed
Sorry Andy, we can't be friends anymore.

Sounds about right. :rofl:

Found out that I'm part Irish apparently though. Strange. :giggle:

Original post by Ezme39
Sounds ideal; it's lovely that they're so flexible for you :smile: if only more companies were like that! Best of luck with your next step

Part of the reason I've left college is because they didn't give me enough support because they all thought I was being stupid half the time. Especially when the safeguarding lead left (she did more than any of them did in a head in three months.)
Original post by Airmed

Maybe:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Airmed

Guinness is brewed in my home town :rofl:

I love my tea. Tea doesn't taste the same over here in America :frown:
Original post by Airmed
I tend to have a love hate relationship with Earl Grey. I just Googled T2. Holy ****, it looks amazing.

Now I'm not saying that T2 is the best thing ever - only that the world is measurably improved by it's existence.
Original post by Midnightmemories

Well jealous

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aye, the tea was horrible in Europe when I went in April.

Now I'm not saying that T2 is the best thing ever - only that the world is measurably improved by it's existence.

My life has been improved amazingly.

Check out the British section in larger supermarkets if you're really desperate! :tongue: My spouse gets Tetley teabags from there and they are so much better than bloody lipton tea. I save the really good tea for myself though - I brought a bag of 600 Yorkshire teabags with me when I last returned from the UK. :biggrin:

Seeing as you're in the US, give mountain dew a try if you like soda - the blue one is pretty ****ing awesome (so is the regular but I'm a bit of a soda-nut). Also, I highly recommend trying a "reuben sandwich". It has rye bread, thousand island dressing, sauerkraut, and corned beef - be aware that corned beef in the US is amazing, it's nothing like British "corned beef" (which I wouldn't feed to a starving dog). You should be able to get it in any bar that sells food, Arby's does reubens too if you can't find anywhere else. If you can find a Buffalo Wild Wings, the boneless wings are really good and they have like 20 different sauces. :smile: Whereabouts are you?
Original post by Sabertooth
Check out the British section in larger supermarkets if you're really desperate! :tongue: My spouse gets Tetley teabags from there and they are so much better than bloody lipton tea. I save the really good tea for myself though - I brought a bag of 600 Yorkshire teabags with me when I last returned from the UK. :biggrin:

Seeing as you're in the US, give mountain dew a try if you like soda - the blue one is pretty ****ing awesome (so is the regular but I'm a bit of a soda-nut). Also, I highly recommend trying a "reuben sandwich". It has rye bread, thousand island dressing, sauerkraut, and corned beef - be aware that corned beef in the US is amazing, it's nothing like British "corned beef" (which I wouldn't feed to a starving dog). You should be able to get it in any bar that sells food, Arby's does reubens too if you can't find anywhere else. If you can find a Buffalo Wild Wings, the boneless wings are really good and they have like 20 different sauces. :smile: Whereabouts are you?

I'm only here until Monday now sadly, but thanks for the tips! We've been to Denny's which in my opinion was lovely. Perkins pies are to die for. Mountain Dew is good, haven't seen the blue one where I am. The obsession with smores is amusing. I'm staying in the Orlando area so it could just be where I am. :giggle: we've had a look in the British section before in Walmart, expensive. And it's not the same as being at home as I find it tastes different. (We usually drink Assam which isn't really sold over here.)

Thanks for the sandwich suggestion! Sadly I can't eat brown bread due to the texture (already has caused a massive argument in a Disney restaurant with that one...) I think my Dad has had that sandwich before and I think he liked it.

Also: Lipton iced tea is pretty good if you can find it!

--
Tropical storm is due to hit over here tomorrow. I'm really scared of thunder and lightening. ****.
Not doing so great. I'm already falling behind at uni and I'm only in week 3; got no concentration, always tired, and can't focus on my work because I'm so scared of the voices getting louder if I stress out. They've been progressively getting louder regardless but I don't want things to get even worse for me. I know stress if a big trigger.

Went to a society meeting today. Spoke to 4 people - 3 gave curt answers and the other suddenly needed the bathroom. I'm worried I give out "crazy vibe" or something, I don't understand why I try to make friends and always fail. Anyway, I left after that and cried in the car for a while before driving home. Another failure.
I'm only here until Monday now sadly, but thanks for the tips! We've been to Denny's which in my opinion was lovely. Perkins pies are to die for. Mountain Dew is good, haven't seen the blue one where I am. The obsession with smores is amusing. I'm staying in the Orlando area so it could just be where I am. :giggle: we've had a look in the British section before in Walmart, expensive. And it's not the same as being at home as I find it tastes different. (We usually drink Assam which isn't really sold over here.)

Thanks for the sandwich suggestion! Sadly I can't eat brown bread due to the texture (already has caused a massive argument in a Disney restaurant with that one...) I think my Dad has had that sandwich before and I think he liked it.

Also: Lipton iced tea is pretty good if you can find it!

--
Tropical storm is due to hit over here tomorrow. I'm really scared of thunder and lightening. ****.

Orlando is nice. I went to Disney a few years ago and really enjoyed the water parks the most. Typhoon Lagoon :daydreaming:

Denny's isn't bad, have you tried Ihop? It's pretty similar but more focus on pancakes. Yeah, I don't really get the smores hype either - I don't like the cracker and I'm not much of a fan of chocolate. :dontknow:

Aw that sucks. Rye bread is my favorite! Chick-fil-a is really good if you like chicken burgers - they cook them in a pressure cooker so they're pretty different to the likes of Wendy's or McDonald's. and they have waffle fries which are also great. :biggrin:

Lipton iced tea is good I agree, but the teabags you can buy in all supermarkets to make hot tea are gross. So weak and crap tasting. If you like iced tea, I'd recommend Snapple over Lipton, Arizona iced tea is pretty good too.

I'm not a fan of tropical storms either, my cats get scared and I always worry that my cheaply built house will floor - even though I live on top of a hill :tongue:

You know it's Labor day on Monday? The airport is probably gonna be pretty busy with people returning home after the long weekend, so you might want to get there a little earlier just to clear security etc. :smile:

Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!
Original post by Sabertooth

Went to a society meeting today. Spoke to 4 people - 3 gave curt answers and the other suddenly needed the bathroom. I'm worried I give out "crazy vibe" or something, I don't understand why I try to make friends and always fail. Anyway, I left after that and cried in the car for a while before driving home. Another failure.

Sounds like their problem, not yours! Just bad luck that so many of these inconsiderate people were in one place :frown: (except for the bathroom person- that's a pretty fair excuse!)
I know it's hard, but try not to view these as failures. You're trying to reach out to people, and regardless of the outcome I would mark that as positive :smile:
Reply 2694
Hi guys! Wondering if anyone could give me some help/reassurance.
I've been going to counseling through the NHS for anxiety, but I hate it so much because I really dislike the guy its with; we have the eact same conversations each hour because hes forgotten what we spoke about last time and he just prints me off random selfhelp sheets from the internet. I also just don't think that counseling in general will help me. I was wondering how I go about quitting because the last thing I want is to phone up and the person tries to persuade me to stay, I also hate phone calls in general! What do I say?:frown:
Original post by S F
Hi guys! Wondering if anyone could give me some help/reassurance.
I've been going to counseling through the NHS for anxiety, but I hate it so much because I really dislike the guy its with; we have the eact same conversations each hour because hes forgotten what we spoke about last time and he just prints me off random selfhelp sheets from the internet. I also just don't think that counseling in general will help me. I was wondering how I go about quitting because the last thing I want is to phone up and the person tries to persuade me to stay, I also hate phone calls in general! What do I say?:frown:

Do you have a CPN or psychiatrist you can discuss this with?
Hey, I hope everyone's okay. I've been away for a while due to a lengthy hospital admission (during which I was banned from TSR), but I'm out of there now. I'm still struggling with depression/boredom and I'm still coming to terms with my most recent diagnosis from this most recent hospital admission, as well as having trouble with side effects from the medication that's been prescribed for me (I'm not currently taking anything because of this).

How's everyone else doing?
I was wondering if anyone else here has been on citalopram and if so how long the initial side effects lasted.

I've been on it just over a week (also taking it with diazepam for another week as my GP said it can cause more anxiety at the beginnign so it should lessen that) but I'm still feeling really spaced out, nauseous and all I want to so is sleep all the time. I've got to get my dissertation in a few weeks but it's a real struggle to do anything. Given the fact that it takes ages to kick in and so I'm still feeling really depressed and my OCD is still through the roof I'm not feeling too great atm :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lustawny
Hey, I hope everyone's okay. I've been away for a while due to a lengthy hospital admission (during which I was banned from TSR), but I'm out of there now. I'm still struggling with depression/boredom and I'm still coming to terms with my most recent diagnosis from this most recent hospital admission, as well as having trouble with side effects from the medication that's been prescribed for me (I'm not currently taking anything because of this).

How's everyone else doing?

I remember the feeling of slight shock when my last two diagnosis were changed/altered. It took me a while to come to terms with it, but I think I am there. As for side effects, well, if one medication persists in them, there is always others to try. Trial and error.
Last year of school starts in less than a week :afraid:kind of worried really bc yeh :redface:done loads of work but idk how much they wanted :/ then im worried cos i think i have done too much and that it might have been a waste of time but who knows :dontknow:and i think im getting sick :sick: again ._. 3rd time this year ffsmeh'these are your individual tests, if you want it go get it'need to apply that really.It is very dog eat dog now which saddens me because friends are turning on friends they have known for years over universities :/ luckily i dont have many close friends anyway just loads of acquantices so hopefully that shouldnt impact anything that much :/ meh this is all very trivial i suppose but also hmm idk quite big bc idk what even is this posthope everyone is well, especially Airmed :cube: sorry for not replying yet, had to read about the Russian Tsars :colondollar: x

Latest