The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ..DT..
Before the game I would have happily taken a good solid away point but it does sting a little the goal came so late. We seem to have a lot better game plan this season, rather than 11 individuals just chasing a ball.

Yeah, always gutting to drop points late. You and Charlton should finish top six.
Original post by Rock Fan
Losing to Bristol City for god sake :mad:

You were all over us the first half because we were playing scared, could have been 2 or 3-0 to you at half time, you looked comfortable out there first half

From the 60th minute onwards when we scored our first goal your heads dropped and were a shambles in the second half, we could have scored at least 5 times we were all over you.

You have no leaders on the pitch and will probably continue to be rolled over every game unless something changes.
That's the first time in the league we have dropped like that, before we'd only conceded 2 all season, still think we got more leaders now than we did last season, just depends if we bring anyone in over the next couple days, we need that creative midfielder and another attacker.
Went to a Non-League game today, the Boreham Wood v Maidstone United match which the visitors won witj a late goal. I will remember it mostly as John Motson was there, sat sbout ten seats from me! He had a chat with one of the former players he recognised.
Good day of Non League Football today, always nice to see people out and about watching teams that they normally forget about, Tranmere looking to atone for a poor season last year by the looks of things.
The Checkatrade Trophy began tonight- more empty seats than a Virgin East Coast train and Gareth Ainsworth playing and setting up a goal. Barnet lost a penalty shootout to Franchise FC.
Really enjoyed reading the tweets under #BTeamBoycott tonight and seeing pictures of all those empty stadiums come through, much better than watching my team play Wolves Under 23s. Anyone who took part in the boycott tonight deserves credit in my opinion. Just 830 home fans at Chesterfield tonight, still 830 too many but overall impressed the boycott has taken off so well. 392 at Fleetwood has been the lowest attendance of the night I think.
Return of the Stears!
Villa spent more on players this month than we have since we were relegated from the premiership over a decade ago. Don't know how you can compete with that.
Original post by The Wavefunction
Villa spent more on players this month than we have since we were relegated from the premiership over a decade ago. Don't know how you can compete with that.

They've recouped a lot of that money through player sales and getting some high earners off the wage bill. I can't imagine their net spend being more than 20m.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
They've recouped a lot of that money through player sales and getting some high earners off the wage bill. I can't imagine their net spend being more than 20m.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Purely on transfers they've spent £35million (ish) more than they've brought in. No idea how much the wage budget has decreased but you can see why fans of championship clubs are annoyed.

Newcastle have been accused of buying the league by many and we've made a £30million profit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't know if any of you are aware of Leeds' current up and coming youngster to break in to the first team, Ronaldo Viera, but we've signed his twin brother, Romario Viera.

We've got Ronaldo and Romario, so look out championship.
Silly money being spent in the Championship (and the prem of course) this season!

Certainly frightening how much money we have spent, and we are not certainties to go up at all

Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah think it was a net spent of about 30 million, we did get a lot of players off before bringing in other players.
Original post by Rock Fan
Certainly frightening how much money we have spent, and we are not certainties to go up at all

Yeah think it was a net spent of about 30 million, we did get a lot of players off before bringing in other players.

Bristol City didn't half get one over on you, mind. £15M for Kodjia is laughable. I honestly don't think he's worth a third of that.
Bristol City didn't half get one over on you, mind. £15M for Kodjia is laughable. I honestly don't think he's worth a third of that.

We shall see when he plays.
Original post by hskjlclcn
Return of the Stears!

The beard returns!
Can we just win a ****ing game yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Conzy210
Purely on transfers they've spent £35million (ish) more than they've brought in. No idea how much the wage budget has decreased but you can see why fans of championship clubs are annoyed.

Newcastle have been accused of buying the league by many and we've made a £30million profit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes well being gifted obscene parachute payments by Richard Scudamore tends to help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really good match at London Road today. A decent advertisement for League One football: a couple of penalties, an own goal, some good attacking play.

Quick Reply

Latest