The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pjs736_student
Interested to see this question. Is the reality then that most people securing pupillage have already done the BPTC? I ask as someone who will embark on the Gateway for the first time in 2017, but that presumes chambers are happy to see applicants in their last year of a law degree.

I managed to secure pupillage pre-BPTC so I will be commencing the course in September and my pupillage is due to start October 2017 so it is doable. Although, it is worth noting I spent a lot of my spare time going over BPTC ethics books and the BSB code of conduct and I was questioned on these matters at interview. I was also required to do a bail application in my final round interview at the set where I got pupillage so I would say the BPTC isn't a requisite but you definitely need to arm yourself with some knowledge from the course before your interview (particularly if your applying to criminal sets as Bail applications and plea in mitigations crop up a lot).
Original post by pjs736_student
Interested to see this question. Is the reality then that most people securing pupillage have already done the BPTC? I ask as someone who will embark on the Gateway for the first time in 2017, but that presumes chambers are happy to see applicants in their last year of a law degree.

It depends on the area. I would think that most (but not all) applicants securing pupillage at commercial / chancery / tax sets will be pre-BPTC, and most (but not all) securing pupillage at other sets will be during or post-BPTC.
Westgate rejections out by post
Reply 3263
Has anyone had their CPS interview yet/or previously attended a CPS interview? Any tips/advice?!
Has anyone heard from 9KBW re second round? It's been about 2/3 weeks now.
Reply 3265
Anyone know when we will hear from no18 post interview?
Original post by 05kday
Has anyone heard from 9KBW re second round? It's been about 2/3 weeks now.

I know someone who has accepted this, sorry.
Out of intetest, does anybody know whether citadel offered a pupillage in the end?
Anyone heard from Blackfriars post final round?
Reply 3269
Nothing yet. Please do post if you do!
Original post by shestheone
Anyone heard from Blackfriars post final round?
Original post by Bob boblaw
Out of intetest, does anybody know whether citadel offered a pupillage in the end?

TheY only sent me my feedback yesterday! Seemed like a nice set, I can't imagine they would not have offered it
Reply 3271
How odd! I haven't received my feedback?!
TheY only sent me my feedback yesterday! Seemed like a nice set, I can't imagine they would not have offered it
Original post by 538123
How odd! I haven't received my feedback?!

I got mine on Friday as well, did you request feedback?
Reply 3273
I read the post wrongly and assumed it was about Blackfriars!

Anyone heard from Blackfriars yet?
Original post by Powertothepupil
I got mine on Friday as well, did you request feedback?
Original post by 538123
I read the post wrongly and assumed it was about Blackfriars!

Anyone heard from Blackfriars yet?

Nope, and I'm not really sure who would be the first point of contact to give them a nudge? Any ideas?
Reply 3275
Not so sure! Think best bet would be to call 020 7353 7400 asking for clarification on whether a pupillage offer has been made.

Nope, and I'm not really sure who would be the first point of contact to give them a nudge? Any ideas?
Anyone heard from No.18?
Original post by bookladder
Anyone heard from No.18?

Results are in today's post. I won't be home until this evening - please post up if you hear of the offer!
Does anyone know what the deal is with Pump Court?
Original post by Shaunthemac
Results are in today's post. I won't be home until this evening - please post up if you hear of the offer!

I've received my rejection. Bog standard template letter "high number of candidates" blah blah blah. Funny that, I thought there were only 10 of us!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending