The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

School hasn't confirmed my place although they've confirmed others. No idea why.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone give me some advice on where these alevel choices could possibly take me?
Geography, history, philosophy and ethics and psychology
Reply 282
Original post by Starlight15
Are you doing an extended diploma in health and social care?

No just the diploma course so it's the equivalent of 2 A-Levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 283
Anyone here doing AQA biology and/or Level 3 Health and Social Care diploma?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone doing EdExcel maths and further maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there anyone similar to mygcsescience but for a level science?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DamnDaniel2

Just edexcel maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by extraordinaire
Just edexcel maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

Team Edexcel Maths!
Original post by extraordinaire
Just edexcel maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay! Im sure lots of people would be doing EdExcel maths since it's a popular exam board for maths :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ColossalAtom
Team Edexcel Maths!

Yaaaas ahaha! I've always thought you have finished your A Levels and are now off to Cambridge to study maths :s-smilie: didn't realise you were going into year 12!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yaaaas ahaha! I've always thought you have finished your A Levels and are now off to Cambridge to study maths :s-smilie: didn't realise you were going into year 12!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha, I like Maths, but not as much as those guys in STEP prep threads or @Mathemagicien. What made you think I was going to be doing Maths at Cambridge this year?
Original post by ColossalAtom
Hahaha, I like Maths, but not as much as those guys in STEP prep threads or @Mathemagicien. What made you think I was going to be doing Maths at Cambridge this year?

Ahaha well I'll hopefully be applying there for maths and preparing for my STEP exams!

I thought I saw you on the threads posting about your STEP results and seeing you chatting with people who got accepted into Cambridge this year ahaha! So I assumed you were off to Trinity ahahaha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello! My Name is Ola and I'm 18 years Old about to start my AS levels at Tower Hamlets College I recently retook my GCSE's and finally got the grades i need to study the courses I want to study. I went from C's in all my science subjects to B's. I am going to study AS physics, chemistry and maths hoping for an A* in maths and A's in chemistry and physics. I would have to say my favorite subject would be chemistry and physics because I find the theoretical aspects of those subjects just so interesting. I thinking about studying Nuclear Engineering at Uni but I'm still open to more course options
Hi, my name is Catherine and I'm about to start my a levels at Exeter college! I will be studying Fine Art, Sociology, Politics and Modern History. My main hobbies are drawing, baking and ice skating. I'm also learning guitar too if that counts.
My dream career would be as an animator or the founder and head of my own animation studios.
Hope everyone on this thread enjoys their a levels ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahaha well I'll hopefully be applying there for maths and preparing for my STEP exams!

I thought I saw you on the threads posting about your STEP results and seeing you chatting with people who got accepted into Cambridge this year ahaha! So I assumed you were off to Trinity ahahaha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I took a look at some STEP past papers and was overwhelmed by the problems. Sounds like you're really good at Maths. Take Additional Further Maths if you can.

I like browsing the STEP prep threads because of the banter they have with each other. Dedicated Maths students are funny to me.
- Introduce yourself
I'm Eleanor, I'm from Essex and I'm starting sixth form on Monday.

- What are your hobbies and interests?
I enjoy Photography, Baking, Playing piano and walking my two dogs.

- What subjects are you planning to take?
Government and Politics, Sociology, English Lit

- Your favourite subject(s)?
Politics or Sociology
- Your ideal future occupation?
Politician, Political advisor, or Political Journalist/activist.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by epage
- Introduce yourself
I'm Eleanor, I'm from Essex and I'm starting sixth form on Monday.
- What are your hobbies and interests?
I enjoy Photography, Baking, Playing piano and walking my two dogs.
- What subjects are you planning to take?
Government and Politics, Sociology, English Lit
- Your favourite subject(s)?
Politics or Sociology
- Your ideal future occupation?
Politician, Political advisor, or Political Journalist/activist.

We have the exact same hobbies/interests
Kind notice from a fellow Y13...

If you're in Y12 and you're going to an open day this Autumn, please do not go to any of the talks! It's really unfair on the Y13s who are there to see them but have fully booked because a few people in lower years have taken the seats.

By all means look around if you want to, but you've got next year to attend the talks. Y13 peeps don't have that chance.
Original post by ForeverFrench
We have the exact same hobbies/interests

really? what dog(s) do you have? I have 2 black labradors:h:
I'm an aspiring future Cambridge CompSci :h:

At GCSE I got:

Spoiler

At A-level I'm studying:

Spoiler

Gl all for the next two years :h:
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest