Scroll to see replies

Original post by Myrm021
Hi guys,

I got 620 on my UKCAT, SJT Band 2
VR: 560
QR: 720
AR: 590

AS: AAAB GCSE: 8A*, 5A, 2B

Do you think I should apply to UKCAT med schools such as KCL, QM, SG?

I'd avoid UKCAT heavy unis like QM, Newcastle, Manchester, Glasgow etc because you probably wouldn't meet the cutoffs. Depending what your Bs are in you're viable for GCSE heavy unis
Original post by andrewszk
Hello everyone,

I'm currently exactly a week away from taking my UKCAT but I've run into a bit of a wall in terms of my practice. I've exhausted all the official practice questions as well as the 600 questions book I borrowed from my library (I know its out of date but I couldnt afford to buy the newer version. I dont know what else to do since I'm still terrible at most sections so desperate atm.

I wanted to know if anyone had a few spare days left on their Medify account after they've taken their test and would be willing to let me use it. I know this is pretty shady but Im desperate and my parents arent willing to spend more money on this test than what it cost to register.

If all else fails, any more recommendations of free practice questions (especially AR and QR) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hey bro ive got my ukcat tomorrow and have 5 days spare on it PM me ill give you my details
603 average - medical school is right out the window 😣
Original post by gabby1410
how do you use the number pad on the keyboard, do you have to press a button to enable it to work?

I pressed number lock and then just used to numbers to the right hand side of the keyboard, they're set out like a mini calculator so it was way easier to use that than the mouse. Also you can use the divide/add/multiply/subtract keys on the number pad so that should help speed you up- it helped speed me up at least.
Hi guys, hope everyone's feeling alright about their scores.
I'm a little unsure about mine and am wondering if anyone can lend a hand? It's as below
Avg. 703
VR 530 :'( :'( :'(
QR 690
AR 890
SJ B1
Any help at all maybe with where to apply or chances of a place would be great
Hey guys, just got done with my UKCAT with an average of 760 but only Band 2 in SJT. Will this disadvantage my application or restrict any uni choices?

If you're interested, I got 700, 830, and 750 in Verbal, Quantitative and Abstract reasoning.
Original post by Mickeytate
Hi guys, hope everyone's feeling alright about their scores.
I'm a little unsure about mine and am wondering if anyone can lend a hand? It's as below
Avg. 703
VR 530 :'( :'( :'(
QR 690
AR 890
SJ B1
Any help at all maybe with where to apply or chances of a place would be great

Generally speaking, if you get around 705+ as an average, you're in the top 10% of the students who took that exam. So, if I'm being honest, you could probably apply to almost every UKCAT uni without worrying (as long as your predicted grades and personal statement fit the standard required).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dohaeris
Hey guys, just got done with my UKCAT with an average of 760 but only Band 2 in SJT. Will this disadvantage my application or restrict any uni choices?

If you're interested, I got 700, 830, and 750 in Verbal, Quantitative and Abstract reasoning.

760 is a very good score, well done. I'm not sure why people who get above 700 as an average worry about their score - I've known friends who've got offers from medical school with scores varying between 630-680. Yes, someone actually got into med school with 630 as an average. So don't stress it, your score is great.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The QR in the official mocks is MUCH harder than in the real thing. I was getting around 600 in the mocks but 850 in the real thing!!
Hey everyone, averaged 640 with Band 2 in SJT on UKCAT today
VR: 650
Q: 680
AR: 590 (well excuse you)

Any help on where to apply with this low score? KCL and QM deff outta the window D:

Also does anyone know where places like Manchester, Barts, Bristol and Birmingham stand on UKCAT heaviness (i.e cut-offs for interview places)

Any help is much appreciated :smile:
Original post by ASTK98
Generally speaking, if you get around 705+ as an average, you're in the top 10% of the students who took that exam. So, if I'm being honest, you could probably apply to almost every UKCAT uni without worrying (as long as your predicted grades and personal statement fit the standard required).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks ASTK. Might be worth mentioning im applying for graduate entry. Do you know if this will make a difference?
Original post by nitashaaxx
Hey everyone, averaged 640 with Band 2 in SJT on UKCAT today
VR: 650
Q: 680
AR: 590 (well excuse you)

Any help on where to apply with this low score? KCL and QM deff outta the window D:

Also does anyone know where places like Manchester, Barts, Bristol and Birmingham stand on UKCAT heaviness (i.e cut-offs for interview places)

Any help is much appreciated :smile:

If you look on the Bristol website it says:

Academic score: 20% (A-level score: 12%, GCSE score: 8%)
Personal statement score: 70%
UKCAT: 10%
Original post by Mickeytate
Thanks ASTK. Might be worth mentioning im applying for graduate entry. Do you know if this will make a difference?

Hi, I'm applying for grad entry too. You will most likely want to avoid Kings, Southampton, and NCL. Your VR subsection score is probably too low for the Warwick cut off. Barts may be possible depending on your academics. Are you taking GAMSAT or BMAT?
Hey guys so I just did my ukcat and got:
VR 580
QR 890
AR 680
SJT Band 1

Throughout all my practice I was averaging below mid 650 (even averaged 570 once lol). For those with upcoming tests fret not, the actual test is so much easier than the practice mocks. Just make sure you go in feeling confident!
Original post by Elishchambers
Hi guys,

I sat my ukcat today and got an 717 average:

VR 640
QR 900
AR 610
SJT- Band 1
Total 2150

I just wanted to reassure everyone that's freaking out that the QR is easier in the actual exam and using the number pad on the keyboard really speeds you up so it's not so time pressured. AR is harder than medify definitely but I guessed most of them and still got a decent score so don't panic. I revised using medify for 2 weeks so you definitely don't have to go on any of these expensive courses to do well- just do practice questions as much as you can and you'll be fine.

Good luck everyone.

Hey so would you recommend revising abstract reasoning on the official UKCAT website? (p.s. well done on your results!)
Are any of you bothering to revise DM?
Came out just now and am so surprised! Thought it went much worse than I did :smile:

VR: 630
QR: 890
AR: 730

Average: 750, SJ band 2

A little disappointed about the band 2. Does Kings look at situational judgement a lot? Will they mind band 2? Good luck to everyone else! xx
Original post by slothgenius
Came out just now and am so surprised! Thought it went much worse than I did :smile:

VR: 630
QR: 890
AR: 730

Average: 750, SJ band 2

A little disappointed about the band 2. Does Kings look at situational judgement a lot? Will they mind band 2? Good luck to everyone else! xx

Well done!!! I don't think kings do that much it's is more Edinburgh. How did you score so highly in QR? Everyone seems to be getting 800+ but in all my mocks I've done been getting 650-750 like how
Original post by busybee8
Hey so would you recommend revising abstract reasoning on the official UKCAT website? (p.s. well done on your results!)

Thank you! And I think the UKCAT website is good for abstract practice, however medify is equally as good. I think I just got a bad bunch of questions in abstract, but in general the medify questions did seem to be of a similar difficulty to the official UKCAT practice mocks. Having said that, practice is practice so I don't you could do any harm by using the official UKCAT abstract questions.

Hope this helps and good luck with your UKCAT!
Original post by Heisenberg___
Hey guys so I just did my ukcat and got:
VR 580
QR 890
AR 680
SJT Band 1

Throughout all my practice I was averaging below mid 650 (even averaged 570 once lol). For those with upcoming tests fret not, the actual test is so much easier than the practice mocks. Just make sure you go in feeling confident!

Which mock exams did you do before the exam? Medify/UKCAT website ones?

Quick Reply

Latest