The Student Room Group

Marine Biology/Oceanography THEN Law Conversion?!

About to enter a degree in Marine Biology at Newcastle uni. I have a deep passion for Marine Biology, but for some reason I would like to become a solicitor as well... I was advised to take up my passionate subject and then do the conversion course afterwards. Is this a good Idea? Any advice appreciated.
Original post by Tom5pence
About to enter a degree in Marine Biology at Newcastle uni. I have a deep passion for Marine Biology, but for some reason I would like to become a solicitor as well... I was advised to take up my passionate subject and then do the conversion course afterwards. Is this a good Idea? Any advice appreciated.

Yep, fully possible. Nothing wrong with that route at all.

Just make sure you do the necessary legwork everyone has to do: go to law fairs, network with lawyers, keep up with commercial news, get stuck into the uni community with socieities/try to lead a few things, gain some work experience (even just a part time job), prep thoroughly by reading about which firms interest you most, go to/apply for open days and first year schemes, apply to vac schemes etc etc

Nothing really changes what you do in the process apart from you do a GDL a year after uni then an LPC vs a law grad just doing the LPC.

Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Princepieman
Yep, fully possible. Nothing wrong with that route at all.

Just make sure you do the necessary legwork everyone has to do: go to law fairs, network with lawyers, keep up with commercial news, get stuck into the uni community with socieities/try to lead a few things, gain some work experience (even just a part time job), prep thoroughly by reading about which firms interest you most, go to/apply for open days and first year schemes, apply to vac schemes etc etc

Nothing really changes what you do in the process apart from you do a GDL a year after uni then an LPC vs a law grad just doing the LPC.

Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your response!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending