The Student Room Group

Loreto College Oxbridge program requirements.

I'm really curious, as I hope to go to Oxford/Cambridge university. I recently scored 7A's and 3A*S, I don't know if this is relevant but I also came 3rd in out school's results? Would I qualify for their program? Thank you!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by AgentHopley
I'm really curious, as I hope to go to Oxford/Cambridge university. I recently scored 7A's and 3A*S, I don't know if this is relevant but I also came 3rd in out school's results? Would I qualify for their program? Thank you!

MY friend enrolled today and his tutor told him for the oxbridge form you must have atleast 5 A*
Reply 3
Original post by AgentHopley

That's entirely up to Loreto College.

But even if it's too low for your school's "oxbridge program" it's not too low to prevent you applying to either Cambridge or Oxford.

So long as you are on target to meet the typical entry requirements for the course you are interested in at a university you like, you should apply.

Don't let a school's arbitrary rules limit your personal goals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by lostintrnslation
omg that's annoying bc i got 4a*s and i was 3 marks off an a* in rs...

It's also complete ********. You don't need 5 A*s at GCSE to go to Oxbridge.
Reply 5
My friend didn't meet the requirements but she was told if she performed well enough in her first year they would reconsider putting her on the programme. Don't let not being on this scheme bum you out from applying to oxbridge!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending