The Student Room Group

Brexiters how will you react when we have a recession?

Scroll to see replies

I hope that the EU gives no deal to the UK just to see the look on brexiters faces
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
They look daft now.

You know, I have no issue if someone voted Remain, whatever, but christ the vocal crowd are cringey.

Wearing their ignorance and childish emotions like medals. Whatever, just wish there was a way to impress upon them how little anyone else actually cares for their behaviour and ignorance.

Everyone else either way we voted are getting on with life like adults, they're like the loonbag cult preacher in the town centre. They're loud, we're certainly vaguely aware of their presence, but for the overwhelming part we're ignoring them and subconsciously blocking them out as a sensory irrelevance.

Vocal remainers, go develop some decent opinions informed by facts and wisdom, and when you come back you might have something remotely interesting enough to stop and listen to.

Unfortunately a lot of them seem convinced that they are right, when nobody can really know. They seem to prefer slandering the system (why do we have democracy when people with a different opinion to me can vote? But - some people changed their minds, let's vote again!), the general public (dumb people can vote, they're all Brexiters! Old people are going to die anyway, so who cares about their vote?? Brexiters must all be closet racists!!) and then the politicians (why would they trigger Article 50 when they know it's not what the public want?).
Original post by Optimum_
The referendum was not legally binding meaning the referendum could potentially be completely ignored (highly unlikely of course). However when article 50 is triggered, it would be extremely ignorant of anyone to say the markets won't react. Right now everything is the same, our agreements with EU are still intact so businesses at this moment can continue as usual. But I expect all of them to be preparing for what is to come once article 50 is initiated. During those 2 years are when we will see the markets react.

However I don't think it will all be doom and gloom. It will be difficult but not impossible. Ideally the country decides to remain part of the EU but that possibility is almost 0.

During the 2 years after article 50 is triggered our agreements with the EU will still be intact and businesses can carry on as usual. But markets react as their expectations for the future change and business decisions are affected today depending by what they expect to happen in the future.

Everyone accepts that it is highly probable article 50 will be invoked. And markets as a whole will have expectations of how the negotiations will go. Of course they will react as new information about the negotiations becomes apparent but it could be good or bad information.
Original post by The_Opinion
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:.

That has to be the most amazing example of Bremainer logic and why they lost the referendum right there. Your user name includes 1999, I really hope that you are in fact 17, as it would explain such a stupid comment, if not, I fear for your future career prospects with thinking such has that.

You won with a pathetic 4% victory. Hardly a landslide was it?
Original post by Ambitious1999

Yes, everyone is a Nazi and everyone is Hitler apart from you :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)

In a FPTP system the scale of the victory is somewhat irrelevant. The fact is that the probability of Brexit is high and the organised opposition to it is nearly non-existent.
Reply 46
Original post by marcobruni98
I hope that the EU gives no deal to the UK just to see the look on brexiters faces

I would then imagine how the economy will be completely ********** because we will be in a weaker position. I would like to see how the Brixeters then feel about the job cuts and unemployment going up these same people will then try to immigrate to other countries to run away from this mess. Or they will stay here while all the immigrants run back to their countries then the country will be a sad little one full of xenophobes
Original post by Jee1
I would then imagine how the economy will be completely ********** because we will be in a weaker position. I would like to see how the Brixeters then feel about the job cuts and unemployment going up these same people will then try to immigrate to other countries to run away from this mess. Or they will stay here while all the immigrants run back to their countries then the country will be a sad little one full of xenophobes

Yes, everyone is a racist and a xenophobe, that's right :h:. You are really good at debating.
Original post by intelligent con
When we trigger article 50 which will destroy our economy will you still support leaving the EU despite its catastrophic consequences? I'm guessing most of you will just blame immigrants for stealing your job.

We will be fine due to our wealthy families

I'm being sarcastic, sort of
Reply 49
Original post by The_Opinion
Yes, everyone is a racist and a xenophobe, that's right :h:. You are really good at debating.

Be happy you've taken back control
Original post by intelligent con
When we trigger article 50 which will destroy our economy will you still support leaving the EU despite its catastrophic consequences? I'm guessing most of you will just blame immigrants for stealing your job.

Do you mean like the recession and job loses the simple act of voting to leave was supposed to cause that everybody but the diehard europhiles now reject the notion of and that there is no statistical support for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
haha..i like this "will cause a recession". how do you know it will? if anyting it could have the opposite, since firms know how they will stand in two years. the recession risk really is now, since everybody is in limbo.
Original post by abc_123_
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HQp_OWKCW9U

If this video is anything to go by I don't think some brexiters thought properly about their decision (not saying all people voting brexit were like this) xx

I think it's more telling about some remainers, is the GF actually dumb, is it an act, are they dumb for having differing opinions? I guess you could find similar cases the other way around easily enough giving early polling showed about as many remainers regretting their vote as leavers

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's so stupid about it?

If you can't explain why my comment is stupid then your point is invalid!

1) If you're in denial about the increase in racism and bigotry, then google "increase in racism and Brexit"

2) Look at news stories about increase in hate crimes. Eg. Polish man murdered in Harlow recently.

3) If you don't believe we will become a lone England then google Nicola Sturgeons plans for a second Scottish independence referendum in response to the Brexit vote and likelihood that Scotland will leave England so they can rejoin the EU and thus the modern world. (at least Sturgeon believes in democracy unlike May and is giving her people a Second chance.)

4) if you don't believe England will become an increasingly nationalist selfish society on its own then, how do you think it will motivate the minds of its less knowledgable people? By blaming minorities and the less able, including the disabled etc on its problems and struggles to survive on its own. Germany used that mindset in the 1930s.

It's the fact that it's been over 2 months since the referendum and you still seem to have little, if any, knowledge of some of the genuine reasons why people voted Leave.*

Shouting RACIST, XENOPHOBIC, NATIVIST, PROTECTIONIST, MORONIC, IGNORANT!!! is not a coherent argument, and only shows you up as a sanctimonious provocateur not intent on engaging in rational debate.*

Were you aware that the number 1 reason for voting Leave was about the sovereignty of our parliamentary democracy and the repatriation of our laws and legal power?

Were you aware of the desire to leave a cronyist institution to promote direct democracy and not corporatism?

Were you aware of the libertarian thought to leave a protectionist common market racket and pursue global free trade, in the true essence of Britain's mercantile nature?

I could go on and on, but think twice about slating 52% of the country as bigoted idiots just to suit your own misinformation.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest