The Student Room Group

Grade boundaries

Can anybody help please, If I got in AQA Biology

Unit 1 Tier H - 76
Unit 2 Tier H - 77
Unit 3 Tier H - 70
Unit 4 - 90
total marks - 313

How many marks off an A am I. I cannot understand the grade boundaries.

Thanks
Reply 1
The boundary for an A is 320 UMS, so you are 7 UMS short.
Original post by Clemm101
The boundary for an A is 320 UMS, so you are 7 UMS short.

Is there any point in getting it remarked - is 7 ups points away a lot?

Thanks
Reply 3
Honestly? I wouldn't recommend it. In previous years I would have said perhaps but this year, due to the new re-mark guidelines I think 7 UMS is too far away. That said you have a little room to play with so even if you lost a few marks you shouldn't (no guarantees) go down a grade. If it's REALLY important to you then maybe worth a try but I wouldn't be too hopeful.
Honestly? I wouldn't recommend it. In previous years I would have said perhaps but this year, due to the new re-mark guidelines I think 7 UMS is too far away. That said you have a little room to play with so even if you lost a few marks you shouldn't (no guarantees) go down a grade. If it's REALLY important to you then maybe worth a try but I wouldn't be too hopeful.

Ok thanks. Is the grade boundaries the same for chemistry as I got a similar result in that and thought I might have got an A?

Thanks
Reply 5
Yeah - Chemistry is 320 UMS for an A.
Yeah - Chemistry is 320 UMS for an A.

Great thanks a lot for your help - one final question (sorry) - I did EDEXL PE and also got a B - could you tell me how many marks for an A please. I just cannot work out the grade boundaries and have been getting A* in past papers for the last 2 years so I am really disappointed.

THanks a lot
Reply 7
You're very welcome. PE is 160 UMS for an A.
You're very welcome. PE is 160 UMS for an A.

Thank you so much but I am still confused. My exam slip adds up to more than 100 (153 in fact) so is 100 AQA board rather than EDEXCEL?

Thanks,again this has been so helpful for me.
Reply 9
Ecexcel PE - A* = 180. A = 160. B = 140

You got 153 UMS marks so a B
Ecexcel PE - A* = 180. A = 160. B = 140

You got 153 UMS marks so a B

Ok thanks so again 7 UMS marks off - what is it with me and 7 points away.

Thank you once again for your help it has really made things easier for me to understand and I really do appreciate it.

Thanks again
Original post by ANnoyomousRuth
Thank you so much but I am still confused. My exam slip adds up to more than 100 (153 in fact) so is 100 AQA board rather than EDEXCEL?

Thanks,again this has been so helpful for me.

Original post by ANnoyomousRuth
Great thanks a lot for your help - one final question (sorry) - I did EDEXL PE and also got a B - could you tell me how many marks for an A please. I just cannot work out the grade boundaries and have been getting A* in past papers for the last 2 years so I am really disappointed.

THanks a lot

Just Google it!!

Quick Reply

Latest