The Student Room Group

2016 A-level Remarks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Compost
About 1 week, although they only guarantee to do it in about 28 days.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by k.russell
hopefully! they are taking their time giving mine back so maybe they have made changes lol I drew out a mechanism crossed it out and repeated underneath, so hopefully I can gain marks for that?

I'm sure you'll go up at least two marks! I crossed something out on mine and the original examiner marked it, so be hopeful :smile:
hopefully! they are taking their time giving mine back so maybe they have made changes lol I drew out a mechanism crossed it out and repeated underneath, so hopefully I can gain marks for that?

I'm sure you'll go up at least two marks! I crossed something out on mine and the original examiner marked it correct (I requested to see my paper) so be hopeful :smile:
Is it worth a remark for business studies aqa need 4 ums for an A?
Original post by TraceyE

See how many raw marks they would require.
I need 10 more UMS in AQA chemistry A2 to get an A-is it worth it? Anyone remarked CHEM4? Thank you!
Original post by emma_1111
I need 10 more UMS in AQA chemistry A2 to get an A-is it worth it? Anyone remarked CHEM4? Thank you!

Too many, so not worth it. I don't think I've ever seen AQA A2 Chemistry change that much, even with more than 1 unit re-marked.
Original post by Compost
See how many raw marks they would require.

Not sure how many marks think I read it as 4 still?
3 UMS off an A in AQA Biology and B in OCR Physics. Checked the papers (had copy sent back, they still have original) - there's at least 8 marks I had on the mark scheme but which weren't given credit where Bio was concerned, and a similar situation in Physics where there were two 2 mark questions to define equations, had done and put exactly what they wanted on the mark scheme and still didn't get the marks, so hoping that can be sorted. If not it means resitting the whole thing just for a few UMS :/ Really hoping if I send them off they can get fixed. Worth it, or nah?
Original post by Scitty
3 UMS off an A in AQA Biology and B in OCR Physics. Checked the papers (had copy sent back, they still have original) - there's at least 8 marks I had on the mark scheme but which weren't given credit where Bio was concerned, and a similar situation in Physics where there were two 2 mark questions to define equations, had done and put exactly what they wanted on the mark scheme and still didn't get the marks, so hoping that can be sorted. If not it means resitting the whole thing just for a few UMS :/ Really hoping if I send them off they can get fixed. Worth it, or nah?

I'd get a teacher's opinion on the marking as students often feel they should have got marks where they aren't quite precise enough to gain them. If they think it's worth a go then do it. With OCR you should have time to try one re-mark and then another. With AQA you need to get in asap to have time to do that.
Original post by Compost
I'd get a teacher's opinion on the marking as students often feel they should have got marks where they aren't quite precise enough to gain them. If they think it's worth a go then do it. With OCR you should have time to try one re-mark and then another. With AQA you need to get in asap to have time to do that.

Yeah, have spoken to my physics teacher and he said I definitely should have gotten the marks for the definition questions. I put the exact wording they asked for and was given 0/2 for it on both occasions. Looking through and some people seemed to have gotten anything from 0 UMS change, up to 20UMS, which is insane.
Biology teachers have left so no longer around to ask. But I'll have to resit either way, so not really got anything to lose. :/
Original post by TraceyE

my biology paper went up 4 UMS. worth a try
Original post by Lularose83
I'm sure you'll go up at least two marks! I crossed something out on mine and the original examiner marked it correct (I requested to see my paper) so be hopeful :smile:

lol got it back today, no change :frown:
lol got it back today, no change :frown:

:frown: I'm really sorry to hear that. It sucks! But at least you have an A, and a very high one at that! :smile:
Looking for some advice!

I'm one mark off an A in the new OCR AS Physics.

Considering I have an A in A2 Maths and an A in AS Chemistry and want to make an application for Oxford chem, is it worth remarking one of the papers?
Got my Physics remark back yesterday and it went up from an A to an A*!! :party:

Good luck for everyone still waiting!
Just had my AQA non priority remark back for religious studies, went up 11 UMS, 5 raw marks. My overall grade went up from a B to an A, so happy!
Original post by NeverLucky
Got my Physics remark back yesterday and it went up from an A to an A*!! :party:

Good luck for everyone still waiting!

What exam board/unit was it?
Needed one UMS to get to a B in Health & Social so I could study Psychology at the UEA.
Priority remark came back with no change :frown:.
Original post by Compost

Do you know how long non-priority OCR remarks usually take?

Quick Reply

Latest