The Student Room Group

Is this exercise?

Around three days ago I've started doing these things, 200 every morning and 100 every night. It's basically where, while standing up, I essentially bow over and over again. I call it vertical crunch.

Here's a diagram:

Technically yes, is it doing anything for you? No
Original post by Angry cucumber
Technically yes, is it doing anything for you? No

How do you mean?

I thought doing this might help me shed a bit of stomach fat or something?
Original post by similarBlank
How do you mean?

I thought doing this might help me shed a bit of stomach fat or something?

If you're not still, you are to some degree exercising. However that movement is not going to burn any calories in any kind of significant number to affect the number calories you burn a day to influence fat loss. Plus you can't lose just stomach fat.
Reply 4
The closest that might get to achieving anything is a hamstring stretch but if you want to burn calories then I suspect a brisk walk is for efficent
Reply 5
What are you asking?
Rather than doing 300 reps of whatever that is everyday, why not just do like 10 press ups, 10 sit ups and a 30 second plank, which does a lot morr good for you and doesnt take an hour. If yourr gonna do more than 20 reps of any excercise, you might as well just do cardio and go for a jog.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BobBobson
Rather than doing 300 reps of whatever that is everyday, why not just do like 10 press ups, 10 sit ups and a 30 second plank, which does a lot morr good for you and doesnt take an hour. If yourr gonna do more than 20 reps of any excercise, you might as well just do cardio and go for a jog.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wel, the vertical crunch doesn't take that long, Maybe 7 minutes in total for the 300 each day. All I want to do really is get a flat stomach, so basically I'm just wondering what's the easiest way to get that. I'm already skinny but, for some reason, there's more fat their than I'd like.
Wel, the vertical crunch doesn't take that long, Maybe 7 minutes in total for the 300 each day. All I want to do really is get a flat stomach, so basically I'm just wondering what's the easiest way to get that. I'm already skinny but, for some reason, there's more fat their than I'd like.

There's hundreds of videos on YouTube pal for ab exercises that you can do at home.

There's also a free ap called six pack promise on the playstore, each day is a 6 minute work out and it shows you a video of each exercise whilst the timer is running down, it's super easy to use and will challenge you, give it a go if you want to test yourself!

You can't spot reduce fat, fat distribution is determined by your genetics and you need a caloric deficit in order to lose bodyfat. Those exercises will be a waste of time and you're better off sorting out your diet and moving more.

Quick Reply

Latest