The Student Room Group

entry point question for funding

Hi,

I am starting a course that is a 4 year programme. Therefore in theory i should receive 4 years of funding plus one gift year leading to 5 years of eligible funding in total.

However, as i have already completed two years of a different course, which i had to leave due to illness, i will be entering my new course in year 2.

I only need 3 years funding therefore, so my question is whether the fact that i am starting in year 2 will cut my funding from 3 years left to 2 or is it still treated as a 4 year course?

Many thanks to anyone who can help me with this.
Original post by pepsidave
Hi,

I am starting a course that is a 4 year programme. Therefore in theory i should receive 4 years of funding plus one gift year leading to 5 years of eligible funding in total.

However, as i have already completed two years of a different course, which i had to leave due to illness, i will be entering my new course in year 2.

I only need 3 years funding therefore, so my question is whether the fact that i am starting in year 2 will cut my funding from 3 years left to 2 or is it still treated as a 4 year course?

Many thanks to anyone who can help me with this.

The length of the course will depend on what the university tells student finance - if you're going into year 2 then say that in your application - if you've done 2 years and are switching to the 2nd year of a new course then that should just count as using your gift year up so your remaining years will be funded.
Hi there.

We would deduct the years of previous study from your entitlement, so for a 4 year course with 2 years of previous study, you will have 3 years of funding left.

We always award the funding in the final years, so for you this would be years 2, 3 and 4.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending