The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

1000 HEO jobs is an insane amount of roles for that grade. I did see on the intranet that E&C were taking on 5000 over the next five years. Combined with the three campaigns which started last September it will be 2000 HEO positions they've advertised!

I've been encouraging all of the O and AO staff in my department to apply as I think all it would take is scoring the minimum of 444 would get you the job due to the size of the recruitment.

I don't expect them to fill all of the positions either so I imagine another external advert will go out soon to fill the remainder of the posts.
Original post by pukahontas
1000 HEO jobs is an insane amount of roles for that grade. I did see on the intranet that E&C were taking on 5000 over the next five years. Combined with the three campaigns which started last September it will be 2000 HEO positions they've advertised!

I've been encouraging all of the O and AO staff in my department to apply as I think all it would take is scoring the minimum of 444 would get you the job due to the size of the recruitment.

I don't expect them to fill all of the positions either so I imagine another external advert will go out soon to fill the remainder of the posts.

I don't think 444 will get you a job I'm afraid. All the people I've interviewed who ended up with offers were 5/6+
Reply 962
@Mega..

When is the result out for June campaign?
Original post by Mega0448
I don't think 444 will get you a job I'm afraid. All the people I've interviewed who ended up with offers were 5/6+

There's a higher chance with so many vacancies being available and I know from previous campaigns not all locations managed to fill all of their positions. A minimum pass may be all it takes in some places.
Original post by naszam
@Mega..

When is the result out for June campaign?

I don't know.*

There's a higher chance with so many vacancies being available and I know from previous campaigns not all locations managed to fill all of their positions. A minimum pass may be all it takes in some places.

If they are advertising internally first then maybe 444 will get you through but there are so many strong candidates externally.*

I agree some locations still struggle to fill their quota, but the big cities like Manchester, Liverpool, London, Newcastle etc will all be oversubscribed. *
Reply 965
Original post by Lil Piranha
I must admit I'm very confused. I originally applied for the graduate tax professional programme. I found out in January (I think, it was so long ago and I did so many applications) that I wasn't successful. I never interviewed with HMRC, I only did the online forms and tests.

In May I had an email asking me if I would be interested in being considered for one of these officer roles. I emailed back and said yes. Then two weeks ago I had a provisional offer for London (depending on background checks etc). Everything seems present and correct - it's all there on my civil service jobs portal. But I just think it's odd they never interviewed me, and now I'm worried that they've made a mistake making me this offer. I would love to do this given the chance (although I'm currently working on a temporary project contract so something starting in January would be perfect, I hope they don't give me too early a start date!) but I guess I'm just a little concerned by it.

Also I haven't used my studentroom account in YEARS, it's good to be back :biggrin:

Hey I'm on the same boat with an offer for London as well.

So one of my close friends went through the same thing we are going through right now and around the middle of September she got offered the role and then her start date was around November so I think we won't hear back from there for a while now.

Hope this helps.

I applied to Liverpool in September 2015 and scored 6/6/7 at interview and was put on the reserve list. There were only 5 positions in Liverpool. I've only just recently been offered a position off the reserve list but at O grade. I did see others on here who were offered positions in other locations with lower interview scores so I suppose it just depends.
Reply 967
Has anyone started working as an O/HO yet?

If so, have you been told how much travelling is involved and what normal working hours are, or if you get flexi time?

I believe i am going into E&C
Reply 968
i got offered a HO in london couple of weeks back. i got 544. any idea how long the pre employment checks take.
Reply 969
Original post by King86

If so, have you been told how much travelling is involved and what normal working hours are, or if you get flexi time?

i read the internal job decription. it seems that they do offer flexi time but the hours may not br 9-5 per se. it does vary from position to position. i am only guessing. maybe someone who has started can qualify.
Original post by daj19
Hey I'm on the same boat with an offer for London as well.

So one of my close friends went through the same thing we are going through right now and around the middle of September she got offered the role and then her start date was around November so I think we won't hear back from there for a while now.

Hope this helps.

Welcome aboard; thanks for clearing some mist in these uncertain waters. This thread has the TSP/HO/O updates (as well as the individual locational breakdowns for the last two especially) .. it can become a bit confusing to keep up.

I solely registered for TSR to keep track of developments... If there are any developments (hoping they are all positive) than I will be sure to post.
Reply 971
Original post by King86

I've started as a HO. I have got flexi time at 37 hours a week. At the moment I'm doing a lot of training so no travelling. As far as I can tell, the only travelling is if and when you have to go to a meeting with customers.
Reply 972
Original post by mabze
i got offered a HO in london couple of weeks back. i got 544. any idea how long the pre employment checks take.

I was offered the job provisionally on 09/05 and got the formal offer at the beginning of July.
Just wondering if anyone was waiting to hear back for positions in Birmingham? I had my interview at the start of Aug and my feedback page has been showing a rating of 565 under Making effective decisions for over a week, and an overall rating of 'Make an offer' but I haven't heard anything. Does anyone know what the waiting time is to hear back (looking at the thread I guess it is normal to wait quite a while) and does 'Make an offer' actually mean that, as the feedback sections for the interview are still showing as 'your application is awaiting review'? Any help with this is greatly appreciated.
Original post by newtotown
Just wondering if anyone was waiting to hear back for positions in Birmingham? I had my interview at the start of Aug and my feedback page has been showing a rating of 565 under Making effective decisions for over a week, and an overall rating of 'Make an offer' but I haven't heard anything. Does anyone know what the waiting time is to hear back (looking at the thread I guess it is normal to wait quite a while) and does 'Make an offer' actually mean that, as the feedback sections for the interview are still showing as 'your application is awaiting review'? Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

CSR confirmed to me today that anyone that had scores on their page should disregard them as there was an administrative error on this vacancy and it would be rectified asap with results to follow... no exact timescale sadly..
what kind of degrees did you guys do??????
Original post by Percypig79
CSR confirmed to me today that anyone that had scores on their page should disregard them as there was an administrative error on this vacancy and it would be rectified asap with results to follow... no exact timescale sadly..

Thanks for the heads-up. Will await for everything to be sorted and just keep my eye on the feedback page for any updates. I will get my hopes that I was successful back in check for a while as well I guess.
Maybe the scores are correct but they're covering their own backs now as they've made an error by loading them onto the wrong part or something? Normally they send out an email to let everyone know that they have made an error....
Original post by Lil Piranha
I must admit I'm very confused. I originally applied for the graduate tax professional programme. I found out in January (I think, it was so long ago and I did so many applications) that I wasn't successful. I never interviewed with HMRC, I only did the online forms and tests.

In May I had an email asking me if I would be interested in being considered for one of these officer roles. I emailed back and said yes. Then two weeks ago I had a provisional offer for London (depending on background checks etc). Everything seems present and correct - it's all there on my civil service jobs portal. But I just think it's odd they never interviewed me, and now I'm worried that they've made a mistake making me this offer. I would love to do this given the chance (although I'm currently working on a temporary project contract so something starting in January would be perfect, I hope they don't give me too early a start date!) but I guess I'm just a little concerned by it.

Also I haven't used my studentroom account in YEARS, it's good to be back :biggrin:

Same situation but for Belfast. Very strange, but not going to kick up,a fuss about it, lol. will let you know if I get formal,offer any time soon.....
Reply 979
Original post by memoryfish
Maybe the scores are correct but they're covering their own backs now as they've made an error by loading them onto the wrong part or something? Normally they send out an email to let everyone know that they have made an error....

I got an e-mail saying there had been a technical fault and to disregard, but I never saw the marks change. I was in the office when HR told one of my colleagues that it was a mistake and the marks were inaccurate too.

Latest

Trending

Trending