The Student Room Group

Im really stressed can someone help me out?!!

I'm sixteeen and just starting A levels...My life goal has always been to want to become a doctor, but from what I've been looking up , my gcse grades aren't good enough..I'll post my graes below but i need someone with experience to actually tell me whether I can get into medicine and what universities are most likely to take me. Please bear in mind I'll work extremely hard at ALevels and hopefully get AAA

My gcse grades:
English Language B
English Litreture B
Maths A
Science core A
Science additional A
History A
French A
Food technology B
Art B
nah, do a different degree then apply for postgrad medicine
Reply 2
Your GCSE's aren't terrible. They won't stop you doing medicine.

As long as you get AAA at A2, you shouldn't have a problem with those GCSE's, as long as you apply to your strengths and apply to uni's which aren't GCSE heavy.

People with worse have gotten in so don't worry. Just concentrate on your A-levels now and making the rest of your application a success :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by shawn_o1
nah, do a different degree then apply for postgrad medicine

You can ignore that, you're not quite their yet. :P Grad med should be as a last resort :smile:
Original post by Vixxleo
I'm sixteeen and just starting A levels...My life goal has always been to want to become a doctor, but from what I've been looking up , my gcse grades aren't good enough..I'll post my graes below but i need someone with experience to actually tell me whether I can get into medicine and what universities are most likely to take me. Please bear in mind I'll work extremely hard at ALevels and hopefully get AAA

My gcse grades:
English Language B
English Litreture B
Maths A
Science core A
Science additional A
History A
French A
Food technology B
Art B

I think your GCSEs are fine for medicine. You may have extra tests to do- UKCAT and the BMAT- but this depends on the Unis that you will be applying for next year. You also need to do well at the interview stage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending