The Student Room Group

Hospital pharmacy Pre-registration Applications (Pharmalife) 2017/2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MeredithGrey13
I did too but changed a bit in the last question! Where have you applied for?

I applied to tlc, ucl, st George and north Middlesex ... What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lauren94xo
Has anyone applied to any hospitals/ health boards in Wales?

No, I didnt :smile: But I was considering Cardiff. I will if Im in 2nd round. Hopefully not x
(edited 7 years ago)
No word..my mates the same, think I will give it a week
Reply 163

Where did you apply?

Did you prioritise?
Original post by CHEM AND BIO TIME!

Apparently Chester have started sending out interview dates!
Original post by holistic_pharm
I am on the list of few hospitals and community pharmacy too.
In MCQ you have to know things about PRPS like when it was launched and what their values are. Plus MCQ will involve calculations and clinical questions. There will be another MCQ but it will involve I think checking prescription or drug chart and find mistakes etc. In verbal you will get a scenario and you have 15 minutes to prepare for the answer. Then they ask you question about this scenario like how would you explain it to a patient for example. It can be literally anything! Dont worry if you finish earlier the verbal part cause a lot of ppl do finish earlier. It is likely to be straightforward and you have bnf. It is more handling stress I guess :biggrin:

Thanks for that however I was referring to policy affecting NES policy and health in Scotland.
Original post by CHEM AND BIO TIME!

Where have you applied to?

I was very close to, but didn't in the end.Which one one did you go for? The training in Wales is excellent!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MeredithGrey13
Apparently Chester have started sending out interview dates!

Mount vernon, colchester,tlc and kingston! Ok im feeling the pressure now 😭😂😂😂
Original post by musicguru
Where did you apply?

Did you prioritise?

All of my four choices are in Wales, and yep I had to prioritise when I submitted which was the toughest part!
Hi all, just wanted to wish you all good luck. I started my hospital pre reg in August this year and know exactly how you are all feeling! I know it's silly to say (because I did) but try not to check your emails every 5 minutes. Not gonna lie, this time last year was the most stressful month ever for me.... So take measures to reduce stress! It will all be ok!*
At interviews remember to be clinical and also personal at the same time, they like to see a mixture from you.
Good luck! *
Original post by Twigleheight
Hi all, just wanted to wish you all good luck. I started my hospital pre reg in August this year and know exactly how you are all feeling! I know it's silly to say (because I did) but try not to check your emails every 5 minutes. Not gonna lie, this time last year was the most stressful month ever for me.... So take measures to reduce stress! It will all be ok!*
At interviews remember to be clinical and also personal at the same time, they like to see a mixture from you.
Good luck! *

Potentially the nicest thing to read at this time!
Thank you chick :smile: .. How soon after the first day did you start hearing things!? I swear my phone is going to break I just keep refreshing pharmalife and emails 🙈
Original post by Twigleheight
Good luck! *

Thanks, which trust you at?? :smile:
Original post by Farmacee
Thanks for that however I was referring to policy affecting NES policy and health in Scotland.

So as I said PRPS, Prescriptions for Excellence. Go to http://www.gov.scot/
Has anyone heard anything today yet?
Apparently Thames Valley started sending offers! My friend got one yaaay
Hi
Guys, do you know what the tlc assessment will be about? And have anybody heard from them? I haven't heard from any hospital yet 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Miss Dior
Hi
Guys, do you know what the tlc assessment will be about? And have anybody heard from them? I haven't heard from any hospital yet 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't heard from any hospital either. Wonder if we hear over the weekend? Anyone know?
Rejected from Sunderland :frown:
Original post by holistic_pharm
Rejected from Sunderland :frown:

Aww no don't worry three more to hear from.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending