The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queen's University Belfast Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by rachelthehuman
I'm flying over too 😄 Will you be flying with all your stuff or are you having it shipped over a different way??

Flying over with the essentials and then shipping anything else over, as well as buying bits and bobs from belfast
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 41
Original post by CJ_Mullan
Hey guys. Buzzing to have made it in. Pretty scared about it too, considering I've never been on my own anywhere for more than a week.

I'll be studying Computer Science by the way. Can't wait to get started!

I'm studying Computer Science too!! You're the first person I've found who'll be on the same course as me haha
Original post by justkirst
I'm studying Biological Sciences😊

Nice choice, me too!
Original post by moosey96
I'm studying Computer Science too!! You're the first person I've found who'll be on the same course as me haha

I am doing Computer Science aswell :biggrin:
Reply 44
Original post by HarryStrickland
Was at Abingdon school, also received welcome back in post about 10 mins ago :smile:

Ah okay, I used to live in Abingdon but ended up going to Marlborough School in Woodstock! Just got mine today as well!
Reply 45
Yay course buddies!! Can we talk about how disappointing that 'welcome pack' was in the mail 😂😂

Original post by jackpcraig
I am doing Computer Science aswell :biggrin:
Yay course buddies!! Can we talk about how disappointing that 'welcome pack' was in the mail 😂😂

I thought it was going to be a big book of stuff :frown:
Humm welcome "pack", somewhat of an overstatment :/
Original post by Kiorde
Hey I'm coming from essex too! proper nervous, but just excited to be a jetsetter, love flying

Me too!! One of my favourite things about going to this uni haha! I'm so nervous as well but it will be so good! Have you got accommodation sorted?
Reply 49
Original post by meaghancydney19
Me too!! One of my favourite things about going to this uni haha! I'm so nervous as well but it will be so good! Have you got accommodation sorted?

haha yeah its gonna be great! yeah i have im staying at elms, wbu?
Original post by Kiorde
haha yeah its gonna be great! yeah i have im staying at elms, wbu?

Yeah me too! Got ensuite wbu?? but don't know what block I'm in!
Reply 51
Original post by meaghancydney19
Yeah me too! Got ensuite wbu?? but don't know what block I'm in!

just a standard room :smile:
Holaaaa I'm going to study English, see you guys at Freshers !!
Also if you don't know your block, ring up the accommodation number and ask, you'll find out that way!
(edited 7 years ago)

I'm also doing Computer Science! I havent got my welcome pack yet, what's in it?
Reply 54
Original post by Ciaran_Finnegan
I'm also doing Computer Science! I havent got my welcome pack yet, what's in it?

Ayyyy computer scientists unite, and lit just 3 pieces of paper with info about enrolment and a welcome reception for parents (lol)
Ayyyy computer scientists unite, and lit just 3 pieces of paper with info about enrolment and a welcome reception for parents (lol)

Damn hahaha, Where's my Computer Science pals from then?
Reply 56
Original post by Ciaran_Finnegan
Damn hahaha, Where's my Computer Science pals from then?

I'm from Ards so staying at home (unless elms free up spaces a few weeks in 👀), is anyone living in Elms?
Reply 57
I'm from Ards so staying at home (unless elms free up spaces a few weeks in 👀), is anyone living in Elms?

I applied for qub accomodation too but I dont think there's a chance I'll get it :frown: Are you going to any fresher events? If so, how are you gettihg home 😂
Reply 58
Original post by dreadfortmormont
I live several hours away from the coast but close to Heathrow, so I'm flying there. I'm going to have to fit everything I need in a suitcase! It'll be a tight fit :smile:

Don't worry too much about having to bring absolutely everything with you, Im looking to apply for next year however I know that taxis are a lot cheaper than they are here in London and a taxi from the IKEA to Elms Village would only be about £10/£15, I know this because my sister and her fiance live in Belfast so I frequently visit, Congrats on getting in hope you enjoy the experience!!
Reply 59
Original post by 9clpc9
I applied for qub accomodation too but I dont think there's a chance I'll get it :frown: Are you going to any fresher events? If so, how are you gettihg home 😂

Yeah I'm going to the icebreakers one on the first night!! And most likely I'll be splitting the taxi fare with friends (rip bank account). I wanna go out as much as possible but that may prove difficult because of where I live agh, what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending