The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
don't even need canto for s&t in HK.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very true, may aswell get a bit of early culture in tho haha
Original post by jchap9776
Don't get me wrong, it's still ib - but I go to a target and if I only got RBC it'd be seen as little better than selling butties at greggs. Plus I already tasted BB on my spring week, it's moreish.
Plus in reference to an earlier comment, not sure I want a long term career in banking chasing the name for my cv that gets me in a better job

Lol, the people I have on Linkedin at RBC went to Cam/Oxford/LSE/Warwick..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Damn, I knew applications opened august/September but to open one during May, that is commitment right there! :smile:
Original post by Bustamove
Damn, I knew applications opened august/September but to open one during May, that is commitment right there! :smile:

'If you're not early, you're late'
Original post by Turing
Poverty market share (<1%)

Bro u gotta get off your high horse unless you are some shyt
Also is it cool to apply for BlackRock summer programme even though I am a final year?
Original post by volatilityskew2
Bro u gotta get off your high horse unless you are some shyt

as if a 20ish years old student thinks he is too good for RBC hahahaha! FYI there were a lot of people who quit BBs to work for RBC when I was interviewing there last year so..
Original post by volatilityskew2
Also is it cool to apply for BlackRock summer programme even though I am a final year?

i dont have any inside info but their application has eligibility questions so they are probs strict, but again some inside info from HR would be good on this
Original post by TheParham
i dont have any inside info but their application has eligibility questions so they are probs strict, but again some inside info from HR would be good on this

fml. gotta go with graduate then
Original post by Princepieman
Lol, the people I have on Linkedin at RBC went to Cam/Oxford/LSE/Warwick..

Posted from TSR Mobile

must be melts :wink:
Did you have to list out all the qualifications for Morgan Stanley? What did you put for the date qualification obtained?
Original post by shrinkyard
Did you have to list out all the qualifications for Morgan Stanley? What did you put for the date qualification obtained?

I personally put the date that I achieved the qualification
I personally put the date that I achieved the qualification

You don't get a date though do you? In the certificate, it just says the month and year. I've just put 1st of August for now, but I think I will change it to Results Day.
Original post by shrinkyard
You don't get a date though do you? In the certificate, it just says the month and year. I've just put 1st of August for now, but I think I will change it to Results Day.

I think I put it as 1st too, I really dont think they would care about it, they obvs know what you mean when you put 1st aug
I think I put it as 1st too, I really dont think they would care about it, they obvs know what you mean when you put 1st aug

Yeah thanks. You're right, there is no point in changing it.
What divisions are you guys applying to at Blackrock ?

I am leaning towards Investments and there Multi-Assets , because it is not that much effected by ETF boom.
Original post by torres657
straight after submission, and yeah 48 hours deadline as usual

hmm it's been about 18 hours since I submitted my MS app for S&T... Has anyone else applied for S&T and received test invitations?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dasu95
hmm it's been about 18 hours since I submitted my MS app for S&T... Has anyone else applied for S&T and received test invitations?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got mine immediately, check application centre or then if that fails, email them
I think practicing for these tests isn't helping me at all. I mean like in numerical tests the maths is so simple, I already know how to solve 90% the questions. Doing them over and over is not changing much. When I take real tests my mind just wanders off and I can't focus when there's a tricky question. This doesn't happen in practice tests because there is no pressure.
Original post by vader9280
I think practicing for these tests isn't helping me at all. I mean like in numerical tests the maths is so simple, I already know how to solve 90% the questions. Doing them over and over is not changing much. When I take real tests my mind just wanders off and I can't focus when there's a tricky question. This doesn't happen in practice tests because there is no pressure.

What about doing it under timed conditions? Nailing these tests is really just a mindset.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending