The Student Room Group

Information about learning Maths A-Level at home

So with my current situation I'm looking about going to college to do something like Electronics, Computing and Physics. I was going to do maths with them but I'm planning on just learning it at home which is best for me. I'm wondering if I learn it at home how would I go about doing the exam? Is there a way to pay an examining body for me to do the exam in my house or something like that?
Original post by Motha
So with my current situation I'm looking about going to college to do something like Electronics, Computing and Physics. I was going to do maths with them but I'm planning on just learning it at home which is best for me. I'm wondering if I learn it at home how would I go about doing the exam? Is there a way to pay an examining body for me to do the exam in my house or something like that?

Unless your college will do it, you will need to find a school/college/exam centre willing to accept you as a private candidate.
They will take your money, do your entries and you will sit the exams in their premises. You can't book direct with the examiners and have to do them in an approved exam centre under supervision.
Check the timetables and watch out for exam clashes - you can't be in two places at once.
There is private candidate advice on most examiners web sites.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest