The Student Room Group

Speaking and listening GCSE ENGLISH

Hi,
Please could you give me a list of sophisticated speaking and listening topics please as I am stuck.

In order to aim for the top boundary on AQA topics have to be sophisticated. Or basic but well developed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I did the cost of university and talked about it's value to today's society and whether it was worth it. But there are plenty of other topics. What about the influence of internet on education or relationships.
But do keep in mind that the way you speak is far more important than the topic. If you speak confidently, eloquently and knowledgeably on a topic that isn't 'sophisticated' you could still get better marks than someone who chose to do a 'sophisticated' topic but wasn't as fluent.
I know people who even did it on football or wrestling and still got good grades. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by BobSausage
I did the cost of university and talked about it's value to today's society and whether it was worth it. But there are plenty of other topics. What about the influence of internet on education or relationships.
But do keep in mind that the way you speak is far more important than the topic. If you speak confidently, eloquently and knowledgeably on a topic that isn't 'sophisticated' you could still get better marks than someone who chose to do a 'sophisticated' topic but wasn't as fluent.
I know people who even did it on football or wrestling and still got good grades. :smile:

Okay, thank you! Yeah that is a good idea I was kind of thinking along the lines of social media and how it effects people.
But then I thought about talking about change and how it's good to have change in your life and not be stuck in your ways.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest