The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Simonexoxo
Hi MissChameleon I actually start school on the 7th September. By the way do you have any tips on studying the poems because that is probably my weakest point

Posted from TSR Mobile

I start on the 5th :s-smilie:. I recommend annotating all your poems if you haven't done so already. You can search online for poem analysis' to assist you. I find this helps to understand the poems. Try finding links, similarities and differences between the relationship poems such as common themes and practice annotating unseen poems since this is definitely going to come up in the exams.
Anyone out there doing OCR business studies?
I don't know if I'm too late but my name is Simone
I don't really have any hobbies these days other than Netflix
I am doing 11 GCSE's
I just sat my statistic one got an A
Not bad for a course I learnt in a term

I am doing English language and literature, Spanish, RE, Maths, Tripple science, history and Music.

My AQA exams are English and triple science
My OCR exams are history and music
My Edexcel exams are maths, statistics and RE
I'm not sure what my Spanish one is

If anyone could help my with GCSE Music it would be much appreciated.

Xox

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing OCR music, I'd be happy to help if you're stuck at all.

A great website for revision is

http://www.gcse-music.co.uk/

Have you done any coursework? How's it gone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by snikerio

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks I'll give that website a try in the morning. My coursework is going alright, I feel it could go better, all my pieces are a b- but my music teachers proper harsh but I want comfortable A's so I need to revisit my pieces when I go back to school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MissChameleon
I start on the 5th :s-smilie:. I recommend annotating all your poems if you haven't done so already. You can search online for poem analysis' to assist you. I find this helps to understand the poems. Try finding links, similarities and differences between the relationship poems such as common themes and practice annotating unseen poems since this is definitely going to come up in the exams.

Thanks I've annotated them however, I find when I look at the original poem my mind just goes blanc and I can't remember half of my annotations

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heya xx I'm Patricia and I start year 11 in a couple of days. I do GCSE maths, English language, English literature, geography, triple science, Spanish, RE. I was wondering if anyone knew any good apps for revision?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by patriciaanne
Heya xx I'm Patricia and I start year 11 in a couple of days. I do GCSE maths, English language, English literature, geography, triple science, Spanish, RE. I was wondering if anyone knew any good apps for revision?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Patricia, I use gojimo (only in the App Store I think, get revising, GCSEpod, memrise (for Spanish) and Google in general

Posted from TSR Mobile
I forgot to mention that for English I do:

Jekyll and Hyde
Macbeth
Inspector calls
Love and relationship poems

Posted from TSR Mobile

i do an inspector calls too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I'm doing AQA music. What do you have to do in OCR coursework? We have to do a group and solo performance, and then a classical composition, as well as a composition of our choice. What do you play in music?
Original post by bjt1882
Hi, I'm doing AQA music. What do you have to do in OCR coursework? We have to do a group and solo performance, and then a classical composition, as well as a composition of our choice. What do you play in music?

Hi :smile:

It's quite similar really, we have 2 compositions, a solo performance, an ensemble performance and a written commentary about the solo performance and first composition.

We have a listening exam and composition exam as well

I play the piano, violin and bass. I'm looking to start guitar as well, it looks vvvvvvvvv fun

How's your coursework going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bjt1882

I do AQA Music, i find theory hard!
Hey, I'm Alyaapenguin, i will be doing 24 exams this year and i'm kinda freaking out:frown:
I study:
Maths
English lang.
English Lit.
German
Geography
Religious studies
Computer Science
Economics
Additional Science
Further Additional science

I guess my favorite subject is maths, because i enjoy it and i'm confident in it, but with the new spec it's getting pretty worrying.
Yet English is probably a no chance for me! There's too much to memorise and i feel as though 4 exams with a lot to remember for is too draining and that's a disadvantage to me because i have 20 other exams to do.

For A-Levels, i want to go into my school's sixth form and study: Maths, Physics, Chemistry, German and Biology.
I don't exactly know what career i'll head into, but i know that these are the subjects i am willing to do and enjoy.
Original post by alyaapenguin
Hey, I'm Alyaapenguin, i will be doing 24 exams this year and i'm kinda freaking out:frown:
I study:
Maths
English lang.
English Lit.
German
Geography
Religious studies
Computer Science
Economics
Additional Science
Further Additional science

I guess my favorite subject is maths, because i enjoy it and i'm confident in it, but with the new spec it's getting pretty worrying.
Yet English is probably a no chance for me! There's too much to memorise and i feel as though 4 exams with a lot to remember for is too draining and that's a disadvantage to me because i have 20 other exams to do.

For A-Levels, i want to go into my school's sixth form and study: Maths, Physics, Chemistry, German and Biology.
I don't exactly know what career i'll head into, but i know that these are the subjects i am willing to do and enjoy.

I know exactly how you feel I have around 24 exams and maths was my strongest but I'm not really sure with this new specification, and I've never been too good with English.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know exactly how you feel I have around 24 exams and maths was my strongest but I'm not really sure with this new specification, and I've never been too good with English.

Posted from TSR Mobile

im not good at english or maths either but I should be ok if I keep revising hard enough and good luck
Hi :smile:

It's quite similar really, we have 2 compositions, a solo performance, an ensemble performance and a written commentary about the solo performance and first composition.

We have a listening exam and composition exam as well

I play the piano, violin and bass. I'm looking to start guitar as well, it looks vvvvvvvvv fun

How's your coursework going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow that's a lot :smile:
I play guitar, it's great yeah. I'd like to start playing a bit of bass as well, but I'm pretty poor atm tbh xD

Meh, performance is easy for me as I've been playing for nearly a decade now xD, but I find the composition quite hard as I'm not that creative really tbh :frown:
Reply 395
Am I the only one who hasn't made a ton of notes already? It seems like so many people on here have notes for all their subjects already and I'm feeling quite behind even though such preparation isn't really common other than on TSR
Original post by e2014
Am I the only one who hasn't made a ton of notes already? It seems like so many people on here have notes for all their subjects already and I'm feeling quite behind even though such preparation isn't really common other than on TSR

No, you're not the only one. I haven't started making notes yet and my mocks are in December. I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one who's feeling behind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by e2014

The only subject I have notes for is history. And that's because we get regular homework to write revision notes which answer this set of questions. I find if given a set of questions which I have to answer in note form that's fine but thinking write some (say) chemistry revision notes doesn't work for me. I wish it did because once I have the notes I find them really useful but it doesn't.
Really don't worry about it at all. I might write some at some point before the exams, I might not. But that's ok. Notes aren't the only way of learning by any stretch so prepare and revise in a way which helps you rather than trying to conform to what others are doing.
Original post by e2014

Nah I only have notes on Jekyll and Hyde, and medicine through time for history, this isn't including notes that I had to for homework, just notes I've done this holiday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by e2014

No, we're in the minority in having done any notes/work this summer, so don't worry about it. Most people haven't even started! (and I see you have started a bit of preparation :biggrin:):P
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest