The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm a noob compared to everyone else.

Interesting .. I know you're not , neither @Proxenus, nor @UWS. Apparently you're not @Mr Smurf either.. Who could you be then.. Have we ever interacted before ?
Reply 61
It seems like all the non-oriental girls like everything else but us. It's rare to see a Chinese guy in a relationship with a non-oriental girl. Do I have to start becoming a gym lad to even get noticed? I can't help it if I enjoy things that are STEM related and it falls within the stereotype of my ethnicity. I was born in the UK as well, so I'm familiar with English culture.

So do you just naturally find most (or all of us) unattractive?

As a South Asian girl, I find Chinese guys very attractive. I just can't seem to meet any. They tend to be a bit effeminate but there's nothing wrong with that. I admire that Asian guys are in many cases hard-working, and intelligent and attractive, and you should know that. However, I get the feeling they're not attracted to us South Asian (Indian/Bengali/Pakistani) girls, and his parents would not approve, and prefer to date/marry within their own race.
As a British girl I've found many Oriental boys attractive, particularly because they've tended to be more career driven than most white boys. However, if someones attractive/good looking than they just are, race doesn't come into it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Interesting .. I know you're not @ihatePE, neither @Proxenus, nor @UWS. Apparently you're not @Mr Smurf either.. Who could you be then.. Have we ever interacted before ?

Just a spectator. We haven't.

Original post by Sniper91
As a South Asian girl, I find Chinese guys very attractive. I just can't seem to meet any. They tend to be a bit effeminate but there's nothing wrong with that. I admire that Asian guys are in many cases hard-working, and intelligent and attractive, and you should know that. However, I get the feeling they're not attracted to us South Asian (Indian/Bengali/Pakistani) girls, and his parents would not approve, and prefer to date/marry within their own race.

There's usually a lot in London or near any universities. Being feminine is another common stereotype for oriental guys, but most of the British born Chinese guys are just regular lads, not wildly flamboyant. One of my mates girlfriend is Indian and he is Chinese, they met at university. I don't think most parents of a BBC care if they marry outside their ethnicity, because by now they're probably accustomed to British lifestyle. Most of us are not even religious. You're probably talking about Chinese people that come from China to study in the UK. My parents don't really care who I end up with. But I'm not sure how many non-oriental girls are comfortable with having a Chinese surname.
Can confirm they do but you need confidence :007:
(edited 7 years ago)

I see, that's probably why I couldn't figure who you were :lol:

Anyway, you really shouldn't care about the "Chinese stereotype" or whatever, because really being good looking has nothing to with the ethnicity whatsoever. Also I've never met any Asian guys that had such an insecurity (It seems to be pretty much a British Asian thing tbh :holmes: )
Reply 66

There's usually a lot in London or near any universities. Being feminine is another common stereotype for oriental guys, but most of the British born Chinese guys are just regular lads, not wildly flamboyant. One of my mates girlfriend is Indian and he is Chinese, they met at university. I don't think most parents of a BBC care if they marry outside their ethnicity, because by now they're probably accustomed to British lifestyle. Most of us are not even religious. You're probably talking about Chinese people that come from China to study in the UK. My parents don't really care who I end up with. But I'm not sure how many non-oriental girls are comfortable with having a Chinese surname.

Have any non oriental girls ever given you any attention?

Do you not find oriental girls attractive like mr smurf?

Which non oriental girls do you prefer most?
Original post by ForestShadow

You know they do indeed :mmm:

Edit : you meant they do find them attractive, or not ? xD
(edited 7 years ago)
I see, that's probably why I couldn't figure who you were :lol:

Anyway, you really shouldn't care about the "Chinese stereotype" or whatever, because really being good looking has nothing to with the ethnicity whatsoever. Also I've never met any Asian guys that had such an insecurity (It seems to be pretty much a British Asian thing tbh :holmes: )

Thats funny, I think its the reverse, 1st generation or completely Asian guys (upbringing, education etc) seem to have the stereotype more- ie less masculine, less assertive, etc But British Asians seem better at overcoming their own doubts...meh maybe its the french british asians which Ive never met :lol:

You know they do indeed :mmm:

Edit : you meant they do find them attractive, or not ? xD

I think they do find them attractive, maybe I need to ask some non oriental girls on TSR that have seen me and double check what they think :mmm: :007:
Thats funny, I think its the reverse, 1st generation or completely Asian guys (upbringing, education etc) seem to have the stereotype more- ie less masculine, less assertive, etc But British Asians seem better at overcoming their own doubts...meh maybe its the french british asians which Ive never met :lol:

Really ? Probably haha, maybe it's just a TSR thing xD
French Asians aren't insecure at all tho - well I've never met a single one that was insecure tbf -

I think they do find them attractive, maybe
That's what I thought lol and that's why I replied :teehee:

I need to ask some non oriental girls on TSR that have seen me and double check what they think :mmm: :007:

Mmmh let me think .. :holmes:

Spoiler

Confidence can only get you so far. The fact is, you could have the looks, money, personality and confidence, even then she still doesn't like you. It's hard to quantify confidence as well, because some girls don't like cocky guys. So being 'confident' is a bit vague. But I understand your message.

Original post by slade p
Have any non oriental girls ever given you any attention?

Do you not find oriental girls attractive like mr smurf?

Which non oriental girls do you prefer most?

Yeah, but we're just friends, no spark of romance over here.

I do feel a little sick with the idea of engaging in coitus with a girl who looks similar to me. Like it's incest or something. But I do spot a few attractive Chinese girls here and there that doesn't make me feel that way. The number of non-oriental girls I'm attracted are exponentially larger. I don't hate my own ethnicity, I guess it's just my natural habitat.

That's hard to decide, because if you showed me a white, black and an Asian girl who are equally fit to me. I don't really know what to do. But since I see mostly white girls in the UK, then white.
Confidence can only get you so far. The fact is, you could have the looks, money, personality and confidence, even then she still doesn't like you. It's hard to quantify confidence as well, because some girls don't like cocky guys. So being 'confident' is a bit vague. But I understand your message.

Confidence is different for us because we are stereotyped for having less. You need to exert true confidence and if need be, a little above that, gaining authority and having character. The bit in bold is true for any race, unless you're asserting asians look less attractive for western ideals which may be true for some. I stay away from girls that like the 'rly cocky guys' , they tend to be a specific type if you know what I mean...
But :lolwut: that @FrenchUnicоrn seems to have the encyclopedia of every oriental guy on this forum.
That fail tag.
But :lolwut: that @FrenchUnicоrn seems to have the encyclopedia of every oriental guy on this forum.

Not every oriental Guy xD every well known user :teehee:

Spoiler

Chinese men have their "shortcomings", as is well-known... but who amongst us is perfect? It's probably the reason for the anxious tone of OP. Why else come on TSR grovelling before white women for approval?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sund1ata
Chinese men have their "shortcomings", as is well-known... but who amongst us is perfect? It's probably the reason for the anxious tone of OP. Why else come on TSR grovelling before white women for approval?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol? Sounds like you didn't read this thread.
Reply 77
It seems like all the non-oriental girls like everything else but us. It's rare to see a Chinese guy in a relationship with a non-oriental girl. Do I have to start becoming a gym lad to even get noticed? I can't help it if I enjoy things that are STEM related and it falls within the stereotype of my ethnicity. I was born in the UK as well, so I'm familiar with English culture.

Not at all. I felt more like the opposite before your post actually.
Reply 78

Original post by ElsMoll

Wow, why do you feel that way?

Latest

Trending

Trending