The Student Room Group

Last minute student finance

I have aspergers and ive really struggled figuring out student finance. Its taken ages rto find sone one for tge proof of identity form and im only just sending it out.all my other forms are sent iff and processed, is there absolutely any chance of gettibg the money within the three weeks before i have to go. Even sitting here now im freaking out and i dint think i could cope without it.
Best thing to do is just give them a call and find out - I started looking into Student Finance last week. To apply as an independent student I needed to provide proof consisting of various documents. So I gave them a call, they gave me a list of what I could use. I called HMRC and got all of those documents within a week. I sent my application a few days ago, and they received it the day after. If I hadn't called them, I probably still wouldn't really know what I needed!

So, tl;dr If there's anything you don't know, call the people directly who have the answers - You only have 3 weeks so don't waste any more time, find out what you need, find out how to get those documents and get it all to Student Finance as soon as you can - it's a lot more productive than just worrying.
Reply 2
Original post by suiagg
I have aspergers and ive really struggled figuring out student finance. Its taken ages rto find sone one for tge proof of identity form and im only just sending it out.all my other forms are sent iff and processed, is there absolutely any chance of gettibg the money within the three weeks before i have to go. Even sitting here now im freaking out and i dint think i could cope without it.

Don't freak out. Take a deep breath. Can't do anything until Monday so forget about it for the weekend. Relax and enjoy yourself.

Then first thing Monday morning, call student finance. Have a pen and paper in front of you. And calmly and clearly ask them what you still need to do. Write this all down in a list. Get each thing done and cross them off your list.

Nothing to worry about. Nothing to stress about. Just a simple application for finance. Whenever you need help, the advisors at Student Finance are there to take your call and answer your questions.

With regards to the money, you don't get any money before you actually start Uni. Money is transferred to your bank after you start.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending