The Student Room Group

2016 A-level Remarks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Izzydizzy
20 UMS is insane!!

Brother:

AS Biology (Edexcel), needed 1 for an A, went up 2.

AS Chemistry (AQA), needed 5 for an A, went up 3.

Chem was never very likely, so fairly happy. Needs to work harder for A2!!!

Are these the new spec AS exams?

Also, which papers did you remark?
Original post by Turtlebunny
Do you know how long non-priority OCR remarks usually take?

up to 30 days
Did anyone do Religious Studies RST4A (Philosophy)? I was predicted an A* but got a U(!!!) despite writing over 12 pages in my exam. I got my remark back as unchanged. How likely is it that it will improve if I choose to appeal?
Original post by confusedspecimen
Did anyone do Religious Studies RST4A (Philosophy)? I was predicted an A* but got a U(!!!) despite writing over 12 pages in my exam. I got my remark back as unchanged. How likely is it that it will improve if I choose to appeal?

I just got my remark back today for RSTA4, I went up 11 ums!
I got my WJEC Spanish remark. Needed to go up 1mark for a B and there was no change. Should I appeal?
What exam board/unit was it?

AQA, I got all of my A2 exams remarked. My unit 5 went down by 2UMS but my EMPA went up by 4 so overall it got me the A*.
Has anyone had an edexcel non priority remark back yet? If so how long did it take?
Also has anyone remarked Edexcel A2 biology this year? I'm considering getting a remark but not sure if its better to send one or both A2 papers off as I'm 5UMS (2 raw marks) away from an A
i got my edexcel law remark today and it went up 4 raw marks so i've gone from an E to a D - not great but better than nothing.
Original post by Compost
Too many, so not worth it. I don't think I've ever seen AQA A2 Chemistry change that much, even with more than 1 unit re-marked.

Damn!
I was 2 marks off an A* and I sent off the remark a week ago, still waiting for my remark but this makes me lose hope :/
Original post by k.russell
fk that's exactly what I need (4 ums in f324), how long did your remark take? I ordered mine 10 days ago and still haven't heard back :s 3 ums away from A* in chem but think it's impossible to go up by a number which isn't a multiple of 2 in f324, as 1 mark = 2 ums?

Man I'm 3 ums off an A* too!

I sent my chem5 and chem6x off for a remark!

2 damn marks!!!
Reply 250
Has anyone else not got their priority remarks back? I admittedly sent my request off twenty minutes before the deadline, but it still hasn't come back yet....
Original post by MPip
Has anyone else not got their priority remarks back? I admittedly sent my request off twenty minutes before the deadline, but it still hasn't come back yet....

sent last thursday, nope. I was unable to send it earlier and now I lost my offer ooopssss
Original post by WhoDaresWins
Man I'm 3 ums off an A* too!

I sent my chem5 and chem6x off for a remark!

2 damn marks!!!

good luck to you ! mine came back unchanged, tbh I think because both of us are quite high scoring it's not too easy to find more marks i.e. the paper I got remarked was already at 53/60 and needed 55/60 for my A*. If I had like 40/60 then 2 marks more might be a lot more realistic, it's still possible though :smile:
Do you know how long non-priority OCR remarks usually take?

They say up to 30 days. This year they've been coming back in 1-6 days though they tend to get slower after term starts.
Does anyone know how to work out how many UMS you are away from an a* in AQA biology and OCR MEI maths? Thank you!
(edited 7 years ago)
anyone send AQA AS french off for remark and received a changed grade?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 256
AQA English Language, I was 1 UMS/1 raw mark off an A, remark came back as exactly the same mark so I missed out on my firm uni choice. Such a bad feeling
good luck to you ! mine came back unchanged, tbh I think because both of us are quite high scoring it's not too easy to find more marks i.e. the paper I got remarked was already at 53/60 and needed 55/60 for my A*. If I had like 40/60 then 2 marks more might be a lot more realistic, it's still possible though :smile:

Yeah because I got 50/60 in my EMPA and 107/120 in my chem5 :/

But oh well, did you get a priority remark, I didn't and I'm still waiting for mine >.<
Original post by WhoDaresWins
Yeah because I got 50/60 in my EMPA and 107/120 in my chem5 :/

But oh well, did you get a priority remark, I didn't and I'm still waiting for mine >.<

yeah mine was priority. I got 42/60 in my coursework lol
yeah mine was priority. I got 42/60 in my coursework lol

Ah darn, I'll let you know what I got anyway :/

Quick Reply

Latest