The Student Room Group

Overwatch thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Miss_Moonlight
So which character have you guys played the least of? For me, its Reinhardt, Tracer and Symmetra. :smile:

In comp it's both widow and hanzo, both 2 minutes each.

Original post by NathanW18
I'm surprised Widow is recieving no buff in this update. She has been F tier since her nerf. She shouldn't be brought back to where she was, but she needs something to make her more viable. I'm not a fan of snipers in most shooters, but she should be at least viable for people that want to play her.

I love Mei as a character, but I hate her kit. I don't like that she's annoying to play against and her low DPS is also not great. She is really good in 1v1's, but you can be more efficient using McCree or Reaper. Still, at least you know you're likely tilting people when playing her.

It was actually nice to see her get some play in the $100,000 tournament. I know Rogue and Reunited played her on Hanamura point A. She may have been played outside of that, but I only saw her there when watching live and recordings on YouTube. The wall is really good when used well. The buff to her ult should also help a lot to get people trapped inside. It has a huge radius now.

Speaking of the tournament, it was such a great watch. Seeing Overwatch played the way it can be by pros is pretty good learning experience. They stay together so much more than you will ever find in pub games and the team fights are over a lot quicker.

I don't mind her dps since her purpose is disruption, point control and separating the enemy team so indirectly and directly weakening the team. Also she's very good for countering flankers and on KOTH very good from holding the point from a few enemy players until your team comes back etc.

Widow I would say a good buff would be to penetrate rhein and winstons shield at full charge but dealing less dmg. Also reduce the cd of the hook.
(edited 7 years ago)
I need to get around to play this again. Anyone want to get a team together?
My battletag is SylverieMoon#2388. I mainly do Quick Play but do competitive now and again. :smile:
My battletag is SylverieMoon#2388. I mainly do Quick Play but do competitive now and again. :smile:

I'm away for around another week so I can't add until then. By bnet is Vikingninja#21143
I'm resurrecting this thread ;^)

If anyone wants to add me, my bnet is xylosere#2375
I got bored of overwatch after level 5, I don't get the fun? (Not hating, would appreciate some suggestions on what game modes to play and which champs, as i'm still a newbie) most games it's just one team dominating...
Original post by kingLAWZA
I got bored of overwatch after level 5, I don't get the fun? (Not hating, would appreciate some suggestions on what game modes to play and which champs, as i'm still a newbie) most games it's just one team dominating...

There's 2 issues with queuing and stuff:
Solo queue there's so many idiots who can ruin a game for even good players.
For some reason sometimes low levels are put with high levels.

It really depends on what playstyle you want to play as though these are probably the easiest to play (terms of how skilled you need to be to get the most out of them):
Soldier 76
Lucio
Reaper
Bastion
Roadhog

The problem that I have with this game is not that some people are unskilled (e.g. aiming with mcree) in terms of how good they are in a fight, but its how they use the role. Some people like to choose whatever the hell they like even if it doesn't work in the game mode or use a hero incorrectly (e.g. using mercy as a dps... wtf?).

Three most important things to learn in the game:
Know good team composition and character synergy.
Counters to each character.
Your role.
(edited 7 years ago)
I too play a lot of Tracer and Reaper. I play Genji the most tho. It feels so damn satisfying to deflect a strong ultimate.
Season two has started for competitive and PSN is down. :frown:

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/17613282653
So which character have you guys played the least of? For me, its Reinhardt, Tracer and Symmetra. :smile:

For me its TorjBorn,Symmetra,Lucio,Zenyatta,Meecy,Ana
Anyone want to make a premade for comp (PC) later on?
Reply 171

I can play pretty much rest of the day until 10PM apart from at 5:30 and for quite a bit after that since I'm helping cook dinner here.
I just played. I'm still sh*t.

What is pre made?
Reply 175
Original post by SuperHuman98
What is pre made?

Like when you team with people you know
Used to be a Genji main but I love McCree so much, brings CSGO to Overwatch :smile:
(Oh and Winston, awesome hero too :u:)
Is Overwatch honestly worth buying? I'm getting a new PC which is finally up to date and decent spec and I was debating buying it because several people I know have it but I just want to know if it's worth it because I've heard a lot of mixed reviews and it's not as though it's cheap. I don't wanna spend like £30 and end up hating it.
Original post by GUMI
Like when you team with people you know

Ah yes, im stuck outside atm maybe later or tomorrow
Just had some games with GUMI. Pretty good games though the first had a leaver which was insulting since we were far better than the enemy team, got my highest dmg in it as well -_-.

Original post by EmmaRebecca97
Is Overwatch honestly worth buying? I'm getting a new PC which is finally up to date and decent spec and I was debating buying it because several people I know have it but I just want to know if it's worth it because I've heard a lot of mixed reviews and it's not as though it's cheap. I don't wanna spend like £30 and end up hating it.

Depends really. The main issue really with the price was the content at launch though since then there's more content (competitive mode, new map and a hero then just general tinkering with stuff like balancing). It's fun when you aren't with a bunch of idiots who just get the team wiped, OW is VERY teamplay reliant and it just takes 1-2 idiots to mess up a game. Love the game myself apart from the matchmaking with some morons.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest