The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by faith...
@HAnwar

Can't quote you for some reason :colonhash:

such is life. But when it has too many downs, then we got problems

what's wrong? Will make du'a, insha'Allah.

Im Ok most of the time.... just feel empty and lacking direction sometimes

yeah, im scared about how hard it's gonna be. I didn't do nuttin for the first year until like April

yeah, same here. would like to see all the mandems i met in first year again

Just family stuff. Don't wanna say too much.
JZK.

Try and keep yourself busy.

Lol same. Most of my assignments were submitted couple of minutes before the deadline. No more last minute person tho.

I would prefer not to see some people lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Just family stuff. Don't wanna say too much.
JZK.

Try and keep yourself busy.

Lol same. Most of my assignments were submitted couple of minutes before the deadline. No more last minute person tho.

I would prefer not to see some people lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, I understand. May Allah swt resolve your situation, and make it a means of expiation of any sins, ameen thumma ameen

yeah, when i have too much time on my hands, i tend to think way too much about life and stuff. makes me worry and stuff :redface:

tbh, first year has been a bit of a joke. I feel like they made it a bit too easy. I did some essays in like an hour, with very little effort and care and still got >60% :colone:

im expecting a massive jump, especially with the chemistry modules :argh::afraid:

what people. what did they do to you lol xD

if you got girl beef, you know who to call, sis
(Abu) Khalid Al-Walibi narrated from Abu Hurairah and he (one of the narrators) said: “I do not know except that he attributed it to theProphet (ﷺ)” “Allah says: ‘O son of Adam, devote yourself to My worship, and I will fill your heart with contentment and take care of your poverty; but if you do not do that, then I will fill your heart with worldly concerns and will not take care of your poverty.’”

Sunan Ibn Majah

Hasan - Darussalam
(edited 7 years ago)
On the authority of Abu Umamah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said:Truly, of those devoted to Me, the one I most favor is a believer who is of meager means and much given to prayer, who has been particular in the worship of his Lord and has obeyed Him inwardly1, who was obscure among people and not pointed out, and whose sustenance was just sufficient to provide for him yet he bore this patiently. Then the Prophet (ﷺ) shook his hand and said: Death will have come early to him, his mourners will have been few, his estate scant.

1 i.e. he has not been ostentatious in his obedience.

Hadith Qudsi
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.png
Untitled.png
This is a 1 man ISOC, fam!
Any duas for exams?
This is a 1 man ISOC, fam!

Brother Q you are a changed man.
Reply 1951
Original post by ILikeMintTeaM8
Hi

Hey
Original post by ILikeMintTeaM8
Brother Q you are a changed man.

Indeed, but how specifically?

Also, who are you?

Depression is what brought me back. The comfort, hope, reassurance and peace I find in Islam, I don't find anywhere else.

Alhamdulillah for imaan. You dont realise how precious it is until you lose it
Ok, I understand. May Allah swt resolve your situation, and make it a means of expiation of any sins, ameen thumma ameen

yeah, when i have too much time on my hands, i tend to think way too much about life and stuff. makes me worry and stuff :redface:

tbh, first year has been a bit of a joke. I feel like they made it a bit too easy. I did some essays in like an hour, with very little effort and care and still got >60% :colone:

im expecting a massive jump, especially with the chemistry modules :argh::afraid:

what people. what did they do to you lol xD

if you got girl beef, you know who to call, sis

JZK means a lot.

Well you'll get busy with uni now so you'll be occupied with that :smile:

Lol that's good but that won't work for this year.
Nah it's the biology part I don't like.

Lol what you gonna do :rolleyes:
It's nothing personal, I just dislike the disruptive ones which usually tends to be the guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Remember your contemporaries who have passed away and were your age. Remember the honors and fame they earned, the high posts they held, and the beautiful bodies they possessed. Today all of them are turned to dust. They have left orphans and widows behind them, their wealth is being wasted, and their houses turned into ruins. No sign of them is left today, and they lie in dark holes underneath the earth.

Picture their faces before your mind's eye and ponder.

Al-Ghazali
Deeds without sincerity are like a traveller who carries in his water-jug dirt. The carrying of it burdens him and it brings no benefit.

Ibn al Qayyim
Peace be upon all.

I haven't been on this forum for some time now and would like to post one of the most profound statements I have read concerning self humility with respect to the Al Mighty.

"Were it not incumbent on me to obey thy command, I would declare thee far too exalted for my worship"
:tongue::wink::curious::eyeball:

[scroll] :gangster: [/scroll]

Latest

Trending

Trending