The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy NFL Thread 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I actually feel sorry for the guy. You can't draft a kicker in the 2nd for precisely this reason. I'm not touching him with a barge pole in Fantasy and I think Tampa's O will be decent enough that I'd have considered it if he was being solid.
Original post by Wattsy
I'm trying to work out which teams are definitely active for the season so far and this is what I have:

Wattsy Shad Khan
Shunter Red Wright 88
Jammy - Tebow
SmashConcept Clinton-Dix Trump
Motorbiker Dez
DT Hernandez Pistol
Joe Laces Out
MonkeyPete - Supreme Leader

The three additional players from last year all have dormant accounts so are unlikely to be back, they will have received league reactivation emails so we have 2 spots going spare.

8 man league is alright. Not ideal but we all end up with stacked teams.

Do we have an agreed time for the draft yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by Wattsy
I actually feel sorry for the guy. You can't draft a kicker in the 2nd for precisely this reason. I'm not touching him with a barge pole in Fantasy and I think Tampa's O will be decent enough that I'd have considered it if he was being solid.

Chill, Berto is gonna be automatic.
Reply 23
Original post by Motorbiker
8 man league is alright. Not ideal but we all end up with stacked teams.

Do we have an agreed time for the draft yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your 4th Sept Sunday 18:00 hasn't been objected to so unless someone says otherwise it'll be then. I have my board, I also agree about the size, 8's mean stacked teams and big scores but they're viable.
Reply 24
Original post by Wattsy
Your 4th Sept Sunday 18:00 hasn't been objected to so unless someone says otherwise it'll be then. I have my board, I also agree about the size, 8's mean stacked teams and big scores but they're viable.

Sounds good to me (y)
The draft positions and leagues set now? Going to pick who I want in first round at least...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it too late to join (or rejoin)? I've only just remembered :frown:
Reply 27
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Is it too late to join (or rejoin)? I've only just remembered :frown:

We'd need 1 more to make it a 10 man but otherwise you're not too late. Obviously it won't work with 9 teams.

MB nothing is set, I can RNG some draft positions or they can just get decided as the draft begins so you can be assured of fairness. Anyone have a preference?* I'll also shuffle the conferences splitting the rookies and giving everyone some new rivals.
(edited 7 years ago)
How does this work? If you're short, I don't mind joining.

But I don't know a lot of the players. :frown:
Original post by Wattsy
We'd need 1 more to make it a 10 man but otherwise you're not too late. Obviously it won't work with 9 teams.

MB nothing is set, I can RNG some draft positions or they can just get decided as the draft begins so you can be assured of fairness. Anyone have a preference?* I'll also shuffle the conferences splitting the rookies and giving everyone some new rivals.

I have a preference for knowing asap so I can plan my first round pick.
Original post by Kenan and Kel

Basically take it in turns to pick up players then you pick a team each week to start and try and get points.
Reply 31

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/09000d5d82aed702/article/the-simple-guide-to-playing-fantasy-football-on-nflcom

There's a beginner guide. NFL.com has its own draft board and there are plenty more floating around the internet if you need a bit of assistance.

You don't have to really know anything, just join and pick it up as you go. You only have to put in like 15 minutes a week max but most of us put in way more than that because it's addictive.
Reply 33
I come bearing draft order related gifts! I've done it with A Mysterious Lord and Kenan and Kel playing; if they end up not playing we'll just remove them from the order. You can tell I didn't rig it because who puts themselves 10th but I've got pretty little print screens to prove it

Draft Order Imput.png
Draft Order.png

I'll update the order on NFL.com when we have confirmed teams.

To confirm the order is:
Pick # 1 : Supreme Leader Kim-Jon Goodell
Pick # 2 : Tebow's 3rd Down Conversion
Pick # 3 : Dez caught it
Pick # 4 : Hernandez Pistol Offense
Pick # 5 : Laces out
Pick # 6 : Red Wright 88
Pick # 7 : A Mysterious Lord
Pick # 8 : Clinton-Dix Trump
Pick # 9 : Kenan and Kel
Pick # 10 : Shad Khan has a Swimming Pool
(edited 7 years ago)
Damn so I need to know the names of 8 top fantasy picks.
Reply 35
Original post by SmashConcept
Damn so I need to know the names of 8 top fantasy picks.

Since I no longer need them :frown: Here are my top 8 guys:

1. Antonio Brown, WR PIT
2. Odell Beckham Jr., WR NYG
3. Julio Jones, WR ATL
4. Todd Gurley, RB LA
5. David Johnson, RB ARI
6. Adrian Peterson, RB MIN
7. A.J. Green, WR CIN
8. DeAndre Hopkins, WR HOU

Although this was pre-Bridgewater injury so AP might be sliding a little since he's going to see 8 men in the box more than any other RB this season.
Is it snake draft or normal draft?
Original post by Wattsy
Since I no longer need them :frown: Here are my top 8 guys:

1. Antonio Brown, WR PIT
2. Odell Beckham Jr., WR NYG
3. Julio Jones, WR ATL
4. Todd Gurley, RB LA
5. David Johnson, RB ARI
6. Adrian Peterson, RB MIN
7. A.J. Green, WR CIN
8. DeAndre Hopkins, WR HOU

Although this was pre-Bridgewater injury so AP might be sliding a little since he's going to see 8 men in the box more than any other RB this season.

Same people but different order to me.

Will be interesting to see who gets taken second. I think AB is a dead set top pick. I'm still a little bit annoyed that i got him last year and still didn't win.
Reply 38
Original post by Monkey_Pete
Is it snake draft or normal draft?

Snake draft. That's 'normal' in fantasy NFL. It equalises the draft order a little bit seems it's randomly decided each season in most leagues. Unfortunately for you**you won't get the 1st pick of every round. Your team would be unreal if you did.
currently i am torn between Goskowski, Marshawn Lynch or the Browns Defence for the first pick. Will hopefully decide by Sunday evening

Quick Reply

Latest