The Student Room Group

Should I take my TV and PS4?

Hi,
I'm going to be going to my first year of University and I was just wandering if I should take my TV and PS4. My TV is 42 inches but I'm living in a private accommodation and my room is big enough so don't worry.

I hardly play all year round but I do play when the new COD (Call of Duty), FIFA or GTA (Grand Theft Auto) comes out... (which is usually around November time every year)

I have 3 options...
1. Bring it when I move in...
2. Bring it sometime later after I move in...
3. Don't bring it at all...

Also if I was to bring it how would I do it because I think I threw the box away fml...

P.S. I am leaving within a week so if you guys could reply quickly that would be great...

Thanks
Kolia
Original post by mikkolia
Hi,
I'm going to be going to my first year of University and I was just wandering if I should take my TV and PS4. My TV is 42 inches but I'm living in a private accommodation and my room is big enough so don't worry.

I hardly play all year round but I do play when the new COD (Call of Duty), FIFA or GTA (Grand Theft Auto) comes out... (which is usually around November time every year)

I have 3 options...

Also if I was to bring it how would I do it because I think I threw the box away fml...

P.S. I am leaving within a week so if you guys could reply quickly that would be great...

Thanks
Kolia

I brought mine although I had a smaller tv
Personally I'm not, I might just buy a cheap xbox 360 or something while I'm there instead
Reply 3
Original post by ILikePasta
Personally I'm not, I might just buy a cheap xbox 360 or something while I'm there instead

You might as well rather than going to buy a cheap xbox tbh...
Reply 4
Original post by cherryred90s
I brought mine although I had a smaller tv

Thanks, yeah I think I'm going to bring mine.
stick it in your room, I did that last year but didn't really go on it much but this year because modern warfare remastered is out I will definitely be playing my xbox one. I have that, my 19 inch tv/computer monitor and desktop. heck, I'm even gonna take my kodi box lmao. its second year so need to start knuckling down but can play after working etc and will probably go out less this year so can chill more.
Hi,

I have 3 options...

Thanks
Kolia

I take mine every year 43" and ps3. I dont play a huge amount on my own, but got a few extra controllers so play with friends alot. I also use it for Netflix, Amazon prime etc so I wouldnt ever leave it.

I also don't have a box but I wrap it in my duvet screen up, and put it on top of my suitcases with bags around it in the car. Its easily survived 4 trips now even in a car with ridiculous suspension.
it completely depends if the room is big enough - in my first year my room was tiny so I took a tiny TV. this year my room is quite large so I'm bringing my 43" (and PS4)
Hi,

I have 3 options...

Thanks
Kolia

Hello :smile:,

I'd suggest just taking in when you move in. It'll be nice for you to have it there and use it if you are winding down in the evening or just have a bit of spare time one day. I took my TV and Xbox in First Year and used it rarely but it was still there if i wanted to use it and I didn't have my box but I wrapped mine up in my duvet and took it in that.

Best of luck :biggrin:
Don't take it. Don't be antisocial.
Original post by MeYou2Night

You can play games and not be anti-social. Some people find constant partying, drinking, etc tiring, why rob them of relaxation/entertainment just because you personally don't enjoy it?
Reply 11
Original post by MeYou2Night

So you have to be talking to roommates 24/7?
YES.

* In my second year in halls I took my PS3, Wii U, and PS4 along with my TV. Often had other people over whether it was to play games or just be able to actually use a good size screen for Netflix / DVDs! *I regret that I didn't take it with me the first year (I figured it would be too much of a distraction). Weekends where my flatmates were at their parents houses, quiet evenings, nights I couldn't sleep, or just on days where I felt like being by myself etc were made a million times better by that home comfort of video games. It really made my space feel more like "home" too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending