The Student Room Group

Is interest applied to UK student loans?

A few months ago I had applied for a loan at my firm choice and today I had declined that university as I am now going to a different one in september 2016. I checked my student finance account today and it says that my loan has been automatically cancelled? I tried to apply for a new loan today and it says that interest will be applied when I need to repay the loan. This never happened before and it was the same course. Very confused!!?
Original post by unknownidiot12
A few months ago I had applied for a loan at my firm choice and today I had declined that university as I am now going to a different one in september 2016. I checked my student finance account today and it says that my loan has been automatically cancelled? I tried to apply for a new loan today and it says that interest will be applied when I need to repay the loan. This never happened before and it was the same course. Very confused!!?

Yes you always would have paid interest.
Original post by claireestelle
Yes you always would have paid interest.

Hmm. Everyone I know who has studied in uni or is studying are saying that we dont have to.. Especially when this was not listed the 2 other times I tried to do my application..
Original post by unknownidiot12
Hmm. Everyone I know who has studied in uni or is studying are saying that we dont have to.. Especially when this was not listed the 2 other times I tried to do my application..

I m sure they ll change their tune when they see their loan statement after graduation year, the interest is added to the debt so you don't pay it till you hit the threshold.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending