The Student Room Group

Who else thinks the new Edexcel A-level maths specification is hideous?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NotNotBatman
2008 specification.

Thank you for the quick reply!!
2008 specification.

I'm only just entering year 12 not year 13 so I wont be sitting my A level exams until June 2018 so does that still mean I'm doing the 2008 specification.
Original post by miraclemuokebe
I'm only just entering year 12 not year 13 so I wont be sitting my A level exams until June 2018 so does that still mean I'm doing the 2008 specification.

You'll still do AS maths in 2017, as it's still modular, unless you take AS and A2 maths exams in 2018 under the 2008 specification.

Teaching for the new spec doesn't start until next year, with the first A level exam in 2019.
I'm going into year 12 but I am going to resit my GCSEs this year and then do A levels the year after so does this mean I am doing the new spec for maths since I am starting A level in 2017
I dont even know what I was thinking when I chose math A-level.
Original post by Kryptonian
I'm going into year 12 but I am going to resit my GCSEs this year and then do A levels the year after so does this mean I am doing the new spec for maths since I am starting A level in 2017

Yes.
Yes.

Wow. That sucks. So no revision resources like examsolutions and past papers etc. :frown:
Original post by Kryptonian
Wow. That sucks. So no revision resources like examsolutions and past papers etc. :frown:

Maths is still maths, just use the textbook and older resources for the topics you need
Original post by metrize
Maths is still maths, just use the textbook and older resources for the topics you need

Yeah I guess. There should be a specimen paper too to practise with so I guess it isn't too bad. :smile:

Quick Reply