The Student Room Group

Funding for second BA in nursing for 2017/18

So unfortunately I have made a big mistake, 4 years ago after finishing a Btec diploma in media (didn't know what I wanted to do so I choose my hobby which was filming and photography) I applied to do a digital film and video BA.

During my last year on this course I realised this wasn't for me and that I really needed to think about my options.

After a years long thought trail and finishing my degree with a 2.1 I decided a few month ago that I wanted to go into nursing (both mother and grandmother were nurses and I told my self I would never follow in their footsteps as I wanted to be different.... Well look where that's got me).

I have currently started doing a access to learning for nursing course which finishes next year, and I was planing on heading to university to study nursing in 2017. With only last week did I get told by a friend that I am unable to receive a student loan from SFE for the second time! I also understand that starting from August the first 2017 the nhs bursary will no longer exist.

This is why I have come to the only place I know which will help me! You guys!!!

Please help and save me! If there are any other ways you guys know I can get funded or even half funded (the rest I will have to work ) I would be totally made up!!!

Ania
(edited 7 years ago)
I've not heard that funding would stop. Just that it's all loans.
Reply 2
What do you mean it's all loans ? :smile: yea I checked online and its says the nhs bursary is being stopped in 2017 meaning I would have to go through student finance, which as its my second degree they won't fund! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Tiger Rag
I've not heard that funding would stop. Just that it's all loans.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi there.

NHS funded courses are exempt from previous study rules, meaning you can receive funding for these even as a second degree.

The NHS funding is set to cease in the future and it's likely Student Finance will offer full funding as we would for non-NHS courses, however this has not been 100% confirmed as yet.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending