The Student Room Group

what are the chance we will go to war?

Scroll to see replies

Someones been watching too much of the old James Bond movies recently.

War with Russia is a crazy idea!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Seamus123
My son is in Germany too. Been there for the last year.

oh wow that sucks. if he based there or on a posting?
Reply 22
Original post by Duncan2012
Zero chance. Nil. Zip. Nada.

If you're "terrified to the brink of tears" get a newspaper or switch on the news. Educate yourself.

i am educated, just not with politics. chill ya beans

Original post by Dhanny
Someones been watching too much of the old James Bond movies recently.

War with Russia is a crazy idea!

Posted from TSR Mobile

i actually dont like james bond haha
Original post by shawtyb
yea theyd obliterate us !

im terrified to the brink of tears!
he thinks it would happen next yr, not this yr if it did happen

Who do you mean by "us"?
Just the UK? Well yeah, sure they'd probably defeat us, but NATO as a whole? Not. A. Chance
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by shawtyb

ah i guess when you put it like that. youv made me feel so much better. thankyou <3

NP, it's so normal for countries to prepare their military for really way out political scenarios, you have nothing to worry about.
Original post by shawtyb
i just imagined each of the leaders (w.e u call em) stood on the boarder with a giant magnifying glass waving their cocks at each other hahaha

Lol, this is pretty much what it is. Just with tanks and planes and all the rest and making sure the other side knows they've got them.

I'd be more worried about him getting pissed and breaking his leg or something.
Reply 26
Original post by cbreef
Who do you mean by "us"?
Just the UK? Well yeah, sure they'd probably defeat us, but NATO as a whole? Not. A. Chance

well yea but u kno what i mean

Original post by DicksOut4Haraam
NP, it's so normal for countries to prepare their military for really way out political scenarios, you have nothing to worry about.

ah thats ok then haha have to cover their backs :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by JamesN88
Lol, this is pretty much what it is. Just with tanks and planes and all the rest and making sure the other side knows they've got them.

I'd be more worried about him getting pissed and breaking his leg or something.

wouldnt surprise me lol his not long had surgery for an ankle break as it is lol
Not gonna happen. If there will be a war, it would be in the Eastern Europe which is far away from here.
Reply 29
Original post by RDKGames
Not gonna happen. If there will be a war, it would be in the Eastern Europe which is far away from here.

well as long as it dont happen :smile:
his cores survival statistics arent good
Original post by shawtyb
russia
apparently they have only recently started prepping for war with them

war between 2 countries powerful enough to obliterate the entire world ? Yep that seems really likely.
Original post by cbreef
Who do you mean by "us"?

Russia has 1,700 nuclear warheads on ICBMs fast enough to penetrate any missile defense. Please think before you write.
Original post by mcneill98
Russia has 1,700 nuclear warheads on ICBMs fast enough to penetrate any missile defense. Please think before you write.

And they'll never f*cking use them!
YOU should think before you write.
Original post by shawtyb
talking to my boyfriend about it and their prepping for war and it terrifies me as his a soldier and will have to go.

they have already done exercises to establish a rough time of how long they would survive for in a war zone and the statistics for his area (ground based air defence/artillery) is less then 10minutes :/

A bit out of topic but the data that your boyfriend passed on to you is meant to be confidential I believe. He shouldn't be telling anyone outside his workplace let alone publish it on a public forum!
Reply 34
I don't think people understand that war in this day and age would be the end of the earth, literally we would stop existing.
You're boyfriend is a liar. He's bigging himself up, probably because he is MPGS or something.
Original post by Zeus007
I don't think people understand that war in this day and age would be the end of the earth, literally we would stop existing.

exactly. No govmnt. is going to sit back and allow their country to be invaded and destroyed because theyre too afraid to use a nuclear bomb. And after one country does it, a retaliation strike would come followed by mass destruction. Naive western military cant seem to realise this though and through money at offensive weaponry while countries like China, North Korea, Russia and Iran defend.
Now that NK has a nuke, nobody will attack them. it is the ultimate deterant.
Original post by shawtyb
oh wow that sucks. if he based there or on a posting?

Yes, the posting is for three years. So he has two more years ago and then he's done. His wife is in the same regiment. They are there to move UK troops out of Germany over the 3 year period.
He has had enough now. Been in the Army 16 years. Done 2 tours of Afghanistan and was in at the beginning of the Iraq war.
Original post by Zeus007

I don't think so. And the reason I think that is that I just can't see a country having the obscene stupidity to launch ICBM's at anyone.
Your bf is being unrealistic. there is virtyually no chance we would go to war with Russia in the current environment. Its in neither sides interest. Spend more time learning about international politics plus a bit of history and youd realise your concerns and tears are unfounded. If the survival odds for your bf are low, they would be for all of us.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending