The Student Room Group

revison

hey do u guys think 3 hours of revision for different topics is too much or too less keep in mind that i just started my gcse and im in yr11
Original post by amzy12345
hey do u guys think 3 hours of revision for different topics is too much or too less keep in mind that i just started my gcse and im in yr11

For now 2 hours is a lot, as the exam season comes closer do three. But don't push yourself to do too much. Give yourself enough breaks too. Also It's not really about the time you spend on it, but your understanding of the thing you're studying so adjust it according to that.

Focus more on things you feel are your weak points.

Make a revision timetable and stick to it, if you don't like timetables then make a list of things to do and make sure you do everything on it before the week is over.
I didn't start revising for 2hrs a day until March. In my opinion I think I would have burnt myself out, especially with 3! If you revise effectively its fine to start later on. Just do your homework, study for topic tests and enjoy up until Feb-March. And revise for your mocks, you'll remember more than you think when you come to revise properly. Did 5-6hrs a day during easter and about 3 during exam period. Ended up with 6A*'s, 6A's.

Best of luck and enjoy.
Reply 3
Original post by undercxver
For now 2 hours is a lot, as the exam season comes closer do three. But don't push yourself to do too much. Give yourself enough breaks too. Also It's not really about the time you spend on it, but your understanding of the thing you're studying so adjust it according to that.

Focus more on things you feel are your weak points.

Make a revision timetable and stick to it, if you don't like timetables then make a list of things to do and make sure you do everything on it before the week is over.

hey thanks yeah today i made a timetable and fitted on all my subjects some days 2 hours and some days 3 hours
Original post by amyjf
I didn't start revising for 2hrs a day until March. In my opinion I think I would have burnt myself out, especially with 3! If you revise effectively its fine to start later on. Just do your homework, study for topic tests and enjoy up until Feb-March. And revise for your mocks, you'll remember more than you think when you come to revise properly. Did 5-6hrs a day during easter and about 3 during exam period. Ended up with 6A*'s, 6A's.

Best of luck and enjoy.

Hi did you do a lot of work during year 10 or was the majority in year 11 and how much did you do for your mocks
Original post by samaad1
Hi did you do a lot of work during year 10 or was the majority in year 11 and how much did you do for your mocks

I worked consistently throughout my GCSE's. I revised for all my topic tests in year 10 and 11 so I had notes from them.

I rewrote all my science notes in year 11 as I wasn't getting the grades I wanted using my old way (I did triple science so this was quite a lot of work). Other subjects I found my notes from the previous year was fine.

Mocks I revised 2-2.5 weeks before although I hadn't found the best revision methods by then so I didn't do as well as I hoped for. I revised for 4 hours a day over Christmas hols for mocks taking off Christmas Eve, day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amyjf
I worked consistently throughout my GCSE's. I revised for all my topic tests in year 10 and 11 so I had notes from them.

I rewrote all my science notes in year 11 as I wasn't getting the grades I wanted using my old way (I did triple science so this was quite a lot of work). Other subjects I found my notes from the previous year was fine.

Mocks I revised 2-2.5 weeks before although I hadn't found the best revision methods by then so I didn't do as well as I hoped for. I revised for 4 hours a day over Christmas hols for mocks taking off Christmas Eve, day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing triple science as well I've tried to do at least 2 hours a day through these holidays which mainly meant making my science notes I'll probably do 2 hours on school days as well but may do less as I have a lot of controlled assesments september and october and then mocks in november
Original post by samaad1
I'm doing triple science as well I've tried to do at least 2 hours a day through these holidays which mainly meant making my science notes I'll probably do 2 hours on school days as well but may do less as I have a lot of controlled assesments september and october and then mocks in november

That's good. Focus on controlled assessments up until Christmas. They are marked harshly so put your all into them. Just focus on getting your homework done and stuff before Christmas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amyjf
That's good. Focus on controlled assessments up until Christmas. They are marked harshly so put your all into them. Just focus on getting your homework done and stuff before Christmas.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok thank you and have fun with your a levels :wink:
Original post by amzy12345
hey thanks yeah today i made a timetable and fitted on all my subjects some days 2 hours and some days 3 hours

Don't overwork yourself. :erm: Try to take it easy right now. Be more focused from December onwards!
you sound very dedicated, congrats for that! however, do allow yourself to have a break. there is a possibility that you may burn out, so, do allow time to focus on relaxing and allowing time for yourself. i am going to be revising also at this stage, but, will be taking some breaks on a wednesday and saturday. obviously, i won't be taking breaks when i get closer to the exam season though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest